Kabanata 3 - The Reason Why

Kabanata 3

The reason why

"You asked for my presence? What do you want from me?"

A man who had an immensely powerful aura was already waiting for me when I entered the room. His calculating eyes looked at me deeply. My whole-body tenses when I felt his coldness inside the room, his baritone voice echoed. I felt my hand tremble at his presence.

I made my courtesy bow to him.

"Amaury Blaive Clerebold, from the house of Count Clerebold. Greetings for you, Your Excellency."

I heard him scowl, "I didn't ask for your name." Umupo siya sa couch na katapat ng akin. At minuwestra na umupo rin ako. I did and nervously drank the tea na nakahanda sa harap.

"It would be rude kung hindi kita babatiin ng tama, Your Excellency Duke Crescendo. You're much in higher social status than I am. Who am I to dare be rude to you."

I was strong enough to put my teacup down and not cause any problem for the maid in case of me spilling on it on the carpet. My hands shook so badly.

Tinitigan niya ako, "Another Clerebold, huh? Did your brother ask you to come here?" His cold and baritone voice makes me shiver.

To be honest, I am intimidated, but it is not enough for me to back down. My life is at stake here. I can't just give this big opportunity up just because I'm scared.

Umiling ako at bahagyang napalunok, "No. My brother doesn't know I went to this place."

Lalong nagsalubong ang kanyang kilay. Mukhang hindi Maganda and mood niya ngayon. Ugh.

"Then why did you come here? What do you want from me and how do you know about the Crescent Wolf?"

I knew he'll be mad and agitated. For years, Crescent Wolf has always been a secret organization to take down the current emperor. As of now, it has a 40% political and military power sa buong empire.

"I... I have a proposal that will benefit us both. So, if you'll only listen to...."

I heard him laugh and roll his eyes. Never knew that someone could roll their eyes this manly.

"I am a man of power. I have everything at my expense. I am certain I don't need your offer." He said dismissingly.

"But if you will listen..."

He clicked his tongue and tilted his head to look at me. He looks so good in my eyes right now. What a majestic beauty.

Oh god, I am fangirling so hard right now. Bukod kay Gabriel, this guy in front of me was my second favorite in the novel. I shipped him badly with Emeline, the female lead. But Emeline likes my brother. My stoic but loving brother.

"You should on your own accord before I drag you out, Miss Clerebold. Baka pati ang Kuya mo ay mapahamak dahil sa mga bagay na hindi mo pinag-iisipan ng husto."

When our eyes met, a shiver ran down to my spine. He was so gorgeous! A silver hair and grey eyes would be the death of every woman's heart. Hindi nabibigyan ng justice ng imagination ko kung gaano siya kagwapo!

How could the female lead ignore him if the second lead is this handsome? Well, the truth is, even though Duke Crescendo was the second male lead, he never liked the female lead. He was only there to make Gabriel notice his feelings for Emeline. Dahil wala ng ibang tumatakbo sa isip ni Duke Crescendo kundi ang makapaghiganti sa Imperial Family. I was busy drooling over him when he smashed his sword on the table.

I was enchanted by his eyes and aura that I forgot to speak. Damn it! I shouldn't be this smitten by his face. I have a life to protect, so I must act right now.

He took my silence as a retreating gesture, so he continued to speak.

"Leave." He was about to turn his back on me when I spoke.

"The royal seal." That's all I said to catch his attention.

His grey eyes were on me again. Nakataas ang isang kilay na tila ba nagsasabing magpatuloy ako. Is this it? Nakuha ko na ba ang interest niya?

On the original story, Duke Crescendo was looking for the royal seal to take back the throne. He needed it to revise the Imperial order and allow him to ascend to the throne. You see, he used to be a prince, the third prince. But when his older brother became the emperor, he was stripped of his title of being a prince. Not just him but all of them we're stripped from their title. The prince's became Duke and other notable Titles. The Princesses was sold to the other country as a peace treaty. That cause Princess Crisella to die when the Emperor, their oldest brother, made her marry an old King from their neighboring kingdom as his concubine.

Princess Crisella was Duke Cresendo's precious little sister. The only sibling he was close to. When his sister dies, he swore he'll make the emperor pay. Yun ang pagkakatulad ng male lead at second lead, parehas nawalan ng mahal na kapatid kaya naman nagtulungan upang mapabagsak ang Childe at Imperial family. Bukod pa dun ay matalik silang magkaibigan noon pa man.

But in a few months, after the coming of age ceremony, the current Emperor will die, and the crown prince, which is the main villain of the novel, would inherit the throne.

"If you listen to my proposal, I can help you to find the royal seal that you've been looking for."

His amused face turns dark after what I said.

"You almost got me for a second." His dark grey eyes mirrored me, "Leave, Miss Clerebold. I won't participate in your child's play."

Napakagat ako ng labi. Did I get it wrong? Hindi ba ito ang pinaka interest niya ngayon? Hindi ko maintindihan! I need him so I can survive in my new life. I need his help.

"Your maid and guard are at the door downstairs waiting for you." Aniya at saka naupo sa desk niya, while looking at his chess piece. Him, holding his bishop pretending I'm not in the room.

He's starting to act like I'm an eyesore. Damn! Amaury, think! You need him!

Ah!

This is my last shot. If this one fails, I need to think another plan as good as this to survive.

"By the way, don't send the second troop on the frontline with just ten thousand armies. Make it double... No, triple it if you can." I said while moving the 3 pawns on the board, then I continued speaking after I saw him looking at me.

"And watch out for the Eastwood's ambush at the canon valley. The Clinton and Eastwood might join their forces to defeat us. You'll lose the war if that happens. So, as a precaution, take the longer route in the mountains."

With that, I gave him a bow and started to walk away...

Silently praying that he'll stop me. That he'll call my name.

I was getting closer to the door...

Come on! Stop me!

"Wait..."- he murmured. "Lady Amaury, is that right? Why don't we have a talk?