A Soul's Reflection.

(Once again, I am sorry if any of you discover some kind of mistake. I will try to make any corrections asap. Anyway, enjoy!) 

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

It was finally Friday. I had a long night at the orphanage, picking up after the children since I made it back late due to my injury. Remember how I told Nightmare that I fell at school? That wasn't exactly truthful...

I wanted to teach the Guardian how to play chess, but in order to do that, my homework needed to be completed. I told Nightmare that I finished my work at school, but to make that happen... I needed to stay a little longer while making myself more vulnerable to the bullies. To play that game with him, I needed to make more time.

I wanted to make him happy, show him something new, but then...

They pressured me into completing their work for them, I refused... and got hurt.

Fortunately, I stayed up all night and completed today's work in advance... however, the draw back to this was the fact that i was extremely tired. A teacher raised their voice at me for falling asleep, I almost dozed off in the hallway and discovered that I could still evade potential threats by practically sleep walking! How... concerning.

While leaving school, I managed to conceal myself from prying eyes so that I could escape to the tree of feelings. Truthfully, I was looking forward to seeing the Guardian of Negativity... I couldn't believe how comfortable I felt around him, enough so to laugh at his remark just the other day!

I sighed in defeat once I realized my errors. I was enjoying Nightmare's presence to the extent of sacrificing my caution. He didn't really know anything about me or my past, and I didn't really know much about him either... but then, I realized that this wasn't true.

He loved books and enjoyed a story with romance and a twist of strategy. He enjoyed the silent yet pleasant games of chest. He disliked too much attention and would conceal himself from the eyes of others whenever possible... He hated to lose.

The fact that he would hide himself away seemed to be an obvious trait since he only now revealed himself to me. I suppose that I feel honored by his trust?

.....

The two of us are not very different. Sure he was a Guardian to negativity, but we were both very quiet and extremely hesitant to interact with others. So what made the both of us so trusting to each other? I guess that i had been coming here my entire life, Nightmare must of been watching every now and then, judging my personality. I could say that we only just met, but that wouldn't be entirely accurate.

During the past few years, I may of been unable to see Nightmare, but I could still sense his presence... And even now when I think back on it, I realize that I was comfortable sitting under the tree of feelings. Even then, while he was nearby... We were both quietly enjoying each other.

Towards this thought I offered a sigh of relief. Nightmare and I were closer than I thought, and he knew it. I was about to greet my friend until I heard shouting... On the side of negativity were four villagers, yelling out threats and insults to Nightmare. Normally, I wouldn't interfere in something like this, but I didn't- no, couldn't, watch this anymore.

Without hesitation, I walked up to the people that looked as if they were shouting at no one- since the Guardian remained invisible to them. I stood in front of them with arms outstretched and a glare to follow... they seemed to grow quiet with both confusion and irritation. "Who are you to stop us?!"

Due to the fact that I had been with Nightmare for the past two days, I could feel his stare... The moment I stepped in, his lack of interest vanished as his attention snapped towards me. His agitation was replaced by curiosity and concern. Due to being somewhat nervous since the villagers were seemingly aggressive, I swallowed hard in an attempt to drown my fear... Who was I to stop them? Despite the question, I decided to try and provide an answer.