Chapter Forty-Two: Sucked Into a Vortex of Past Tears

"The marks humans leave are too often scars

"The marks humans leave are too often scars."
― John Green

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning: Dark themes in this chapter.

"You did WHAT?!"

I flinch at the surprise in my grandmother's tone. She was pacing. Back and Forth. Back and Forth. It was making me dizzy.

"He talked to you? Voldemort?" She demands and I nod slowly, silent as I watched the gears in her head work overtime. She sat down and looked ready to faint. Her face was pale, and she had started to fan herself.

"Grandma?" I question in concern. She brings a finger to her mouth, heavy in thought. She straightens up and then points at me with her index finger

"You can use necromancy?" She scoffs suddenly and starts muttering profanities under her breath.

"Nana? What's going on? Why are you so angry?"

Her eyes lock on mine, and she sees the extreme fear I was feeling. Her blue eyes soften. "You travelled through time, my sweet. You didn't see a vision."

My jaw drops, astounded. "Excuse me!?" I squeak, and she looks grim, nodding her head. "But I saw a vision! I know it! It was exactly like all the other times!" I argue, shaking my head, trying to find a practical reason in my head.

"It started out as a vision, yes, but it hurled you through time. That's why Voldemort was able to physically hurt you. You were there. You were standing right beside him."

Fear engulfs me in its choking grip. I shake my head desperately. "Grandma. Stop it!! That's not true. I did not meet the man who killed my parents." I gasp, staring up at her with wide eyes.

I touch my cheek. It still hadn't healed. It started to bleed again at night and continued till the early morning hours. "He talked to me. He told me I'd died." I stand up, running a hand through my hair, my wand behind my ear for safekeeping.