༓☾ forty one ☽༓

I open the door slowly, trying to not make any sounds, afraid that he might be sleeping.

Once I open the door wide enough for me to easily slip in, I go right in and slowly close the door behind me. I turn around to face the rest of the room only to see my uncle sitting up on the bed, his back resting up against the head of the bed.

He's shirtless with a bandage covering his chest, from across his left shoulder blade down to the middle of his abdomen. I remember seeing the gash looking very gruesome during the battle but Nahla must have healed it really well.

"Don't just stand there." He says as he lets out a chuckle and I feel my cheeks tint red with embarrassment as I let out a small giggle and make my way to him.

When I get near him he turns his head to me and gives me a huge smile as he pats the spot next to him and I quickly take off my shoes and sit right next to him leaning my head on his shoulder while he wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"How are you feeling?" I ask very concerned, remembering how he passed out after it was all finished. He was walking towards us and then he just collapsed. They didn't even allow me to see him until Nahla finished healing him.

So I had to wait hours before I got to see him and seeing him awake and smiling with a less pale face makes me feel a lot better.

It's something I need now because having to see some cry over their loved ones broke my heart. The way they cried and clutched onto their chest, falling to their knees, unable to bare the heartbreaking news, it hurt to watch and hear.

Even seeing the way Jimin reacted to what happened  to Yoongi was heart breaking. He broke down saying that he felt like something bad had happened and that a bad feeling resonated in his chest but there was nothing he could do. He looked so broken but so relieved and overwhelmed with gratefulness and happiness knowing that both of his mates are fine. With just some rest and blood in their system, they should get better.

But still hearing my friend sob and clutch onto his mates was heart breaking but when he came to thank me, hugging me with all the love he has, comforted me and I felt a little better.

And now being with my uncle is helping a little more.

"A lot better after Nahla healed me up. I don't even know how I lasted till the end, I just knew I had to protect you and the others. That's what got me through." He says as he starts to play with my hair making me relax as I listen to his words.

I start to feel really emotional after what he said and I wipe away the few tears that somehow started to form.

He's always protected me no matter what, I'm always the first one in his mind. I have never seen him put himself first. He really needs to be there more for himself, he's already given up so much time on me. He needs time to be him.

"Uncle, what are you going to do after this?" I ask, knowing that he won't be leaving anytime soon since he'll still be worried. And I love having him near me, he's my family but he also needs to do what he has always wanted to as well. I don't want to keep holding him down.

"Well Hyungsik doesn't want to leave, he still thinks it's too dangerous and I agree with him." I let out a sigh, they are probably never going to leave.

He lets out a small chuckle, making his chest shake slightly, moving my head with his movements. "Are you trying to get rid of us?" I quickly shake my head no and this time he lets out a sigh and I move around so that I look up at him by moving away from his shoulder and sitting with my legs crossed right beside him.

"I just want you to live your life more. You're too busy worrying about me but I'm fine now. So live your life more." I say sincerely hoping he understands what I'm saying. It's not that I don't want him here, if I could have him by my side all my life I would.