you're sick

You winced as soon as you finished coughing. The pain in your chest was getting worse every time you coughed.

You have a really bad cold and have been stuck in bed for three days now. your fever is high, your throat is burning, and your chest hurts from coughing so much - and you can't seem to stop.

Sofia put her hand on your forehead and frowned at how warm you are. "You're burning up. I'm gonna go get you some medicine, okay?" She tried to get up but you grabbed her wrist and gave her your best puppy eyes.

"No, don't go. Stay here with me, hold me. You're keeping me warm." She smiled and pushed some hair away from your face. "I'll be right back. It's not like I'm leaving the house, honey. I'm just leaving the bed. I'll only be a minute."

You reluctantly pulled your hand away, only because you had to cough again, and you had to cough into your elbow.

Sofia took the opportunity to get up and go to the bathroom for your medicine. She heard you whining and she had to bite her lip to hold back a giggle. When you're sick you also become very clingy, although Sofia doesn't really mind.

She poured the medicine into the little cup and went back to the bedroom. "Here, baby. Take this." You shook your head at the purple liquid, pushing it away from your lips. "Y/n you gotta take this. C'mon, you don't wanna keep feeling like this."

You pouted at her but it wasn't working. "No, not working on me right now. Take it." She said sternly and you whimpered before opening your mouth and letting her pour the gross medicine in. She watched you swallow it and put the cap on your nightstand.

She laid back next to you and tried to pull you in her arms but you stubbornly pulled away. "No, none of this. I'm only making you take it so you can feel better. Now come here and let me hold you. Let me help you feel all nice and warm again."

She smiled as you put your head on her shoulder and allowed her to wrap her arms around you. "There we go." She whispered, happy to have you close again. "I love you so much, y/n. I hope you start to feel better soon." She kissed your head and ran her fingers through your hair.

"I love you too." You mumbled as you closed your eyes and fell asleep. Being sick was never fun, but you felt safe in Sofia's arms and you knew she wouldn't let you go until you felt better.