Alegasia Has Many Surprises, Apparently,

Percy's Point of View

After I was ready I left my tent, I could see that Ágrios was still lying down near my tent fast asleep. I left him alone I knew that once he woke up he would find me, and I started walking hoping to come across Roran or Reyna. I didn't have any idea where their tents were, although I knew Reyna was most likely in the same area as the villagers. I would have to meet Eragon later since he basically wanted to test me to find out how much I needed to learn. As I walked I spoke to a few people, none of them realised that I was the new rider who had helped Eragon the day before, most of them did realise once they noticed my sword which was currently sheathed at my hip, the ones who didn't notice that, I told when they asked who I was.

I eventually came across an abnormally large cat lying in the sun outside a small green tent which also had a donkey picketed in front of it. Although I thought that was a bit odd, I didn't think about it much and was going to walk right by until the woman who apparently occupied the tent came out of it. she appeared to be short with curly brown hair. She must have noticed my sword because she said, "So, You are the new rider, what is your name?"

"Percy," I replied, not wanting to be called by my actual name.

although she tried to hide it she seemed surprised for some reason and I wasn't sure why.

I am Angela, Come inside, I want to speak to you in private,"

To say I was confused would be an understatement, It seemed she was part of the varden, or at least an ally of theirs, She could just want to talk to me more, but after my experiences in Tartarus I was more paranoid than I used to be and traveling with the villagers hadn't exactly helped that. For all I knew, the woman could be a spy or something.

I also suspected that she was no mere mortal. I hesitantly followed her although my hand was on the pommel of my sword so I would be ready if she turned out to be a threat. If she noticed my hand on my sword she didn't really seem concerned about it. various plants, baskets of mushrooms, and a cauldron seemed to take up most of the space in the small tent, I wasn't sure what she needed all that stuff, but it didn't take me too long to realise the most likely reason for it. based on what I knew about magic here, and its users I eventually guessed that she was probably a witch. I kept that in mind in case she turned out to be a threat. I wasn't sure what to say, so I guess it was a good thing she spoke first.

She said, "So they have done it again,"

"What? Who are you talking about? I asked, still very confused.

at first, her only response was a groan before commenting, "we get two new riders, and both of them are blockheads,"

Just as I was going to complain about her comment, she shocked me into silence by telling me who she meant.

She said, "I meant the Olympians, You are a demigod are you not?"

For a few moments, I gaped at her, my eyes wide in shock. Once I snapped out of it I asked, "How...

it quickly dawned on me that she must have been sent here by them too. If that wasn't the case it would most likely mean she was a threat.

still a bit cautious,  I asked, "Did they send you here too?"

she replied, "No my mother did it to protect me from them, at the time Alagaesia was more peaceful than it is now, and my mother has more power here than the Olympians so she believed I would be safer here,"

I believed her, there was no other way she could have known about the Olympians, Alegasia has many surprises, Apparently. 

 I told Nasuada and the others that I was the son of a sea god and blessed by two of the other gods, but I hadn't really gone into much more detail than that, I'd also made them swear to keep that information to themselves unless I gave them permission to do otherwise. Due to that I finally let my guard down completely.