Chapter 5

Calvin's POV

Okay yes, maybe I spilt my guts to my little brother, Jason. Not caring to remember that Jason could possibly tell all my secrets to Miles, I told him everything. From his mouthwatering scent to his curly brown hair.

I'm currently talking to Alpha Jaxson and Lilly, I was worried about how Lilly was doing after getting tortured. Alpha Jaxson and I turned out to become great friends. Maybe when I have Miles by my side, we can pay them a visit.

Now, I need to have a plan to get Miles by my side. Kevin, Layton and I are in my office brainstorming.

"Maybe I should ask him out on a double date with Jason and his mate?" I think aloud. I rest my head in my hand, looking up, thinking if that's a good idea.

"That might be your best idea yet," Kevin states with a laugh, "better than your idea to ask him out with fire like Michael Scott."

Layton lets out a small chuckle and we look to him in shock. He almost never laughs or smiles unless it's with the pack. I guess 'the Office' is his soft spot.

"Okay it's settled, I think I should get to know him by bringing him here and then ask him out. Surely he feels the pull by now."

I came up with my plan.

Miles' POV

I feel like I'm missing something in my heart. My heart feels like it's aching without something but I have no idea what I'm missing.

I'm in last period, English. The teacher is droning on and on about some poem or book.

Class is dismissed and Jason walks out with me. "Hey do you want to hang out with me at my house today, you can see my brother again?" He says as he puts his arm around my shoulder again.

"Uhhh... Sure, I have nothing better to do," I answer, knowing my parents won't care since they aren't home.

"Okay I'll lead the way!" As he says this, he removes his arm and walks over to his truck. What's up with his family and trucks?

I walk to my car, some people waving at me as I pass. I guess being friends with Jason gets me some attention.

I follow Jason to his house. We go deep into the forest, on a dirt road. Once we arrive at the house, my jaw drops in shock. His house is massive!

Climbing out of my car, Jason is already at the doorstep of the house. He waves me over, and I head over to him. The forest surrounds his massive house. I would love to live here.

Jason prepares me for what I'm about to walk in to, "There are a lot of people who live here, so it may be a little insane in there."

He opens the door and I hear loud yelling. Seeing my questioning gaze towards the sound, Jason explains, "That is the game room, where the majority of the house spends their time."

I hear someone coming down the steps and I turn to look that way. I see a greek god walking down the steps. His black hair shining perfectly with the natural lighting coming in through the windows. His brown eyes capturing my hazel eyes hostage, not letting them go. I look deep into his eyes and can't look away.

I'm snapped out of my daze when I see Calvin right in front of me. He wears a smirk, probably catching me staring at him.

Why am I so attracted to him?

"I don't know, why are you?" He says with a smile. I look at him confused. Can he read my mind? That's so embarrassing!

"No, I can't read your mind, you said it out loud," Calvin continues. I look over to Jason and see him looking at me, amusement shown clear on his face. This is so embarrassing, I just want to fall into a pit and die! My cheeks blush a deep red, so embarrassed.

Calvin's look softens and he smiles down at me, "You're cute when you blush."

I blush an even deeper red and mutter a quiet thanks, not knowing what else to say.

Jason gets pulled away by Jessica, the former smiling softly at me as he is dragged away. I didn't know Jessica lived here too? I see Amber and the rest of her friends, and many other people from school.

I realize I zoned out when I catch Calvin staring at me. He blushes a light pink on his tan skin, and smiles lightly. "Seems like you're stuck with me, my brother ditched you."

"Seems like I am. Hopefully you're not bad company," I smirk when his face shows his offense.

"I'd have you know that plenty of people enjoy my company," he says with pride.

Letting it go, not wanting him to get mad at me, I ask, "So... what is there to do here?"

"You can come hang out in my room, I want to get to know you."