C H A P T E R 1

M E L B O U R N E ,  A U S T R A L I A

"I must say, Mr. Kim. I really am honored that you flew across the country just to talk about our business proposal." says Mr. Daniel Frank, a middle-aged man who is the chairman of an exclusive company in Melbourne.

The young CEO—Seokjin Kim, charmingly smiled. "It is actually my pleasure, Mr. Frank. I'm really looking forward to be working with your company." he answers in pure english.

Mr. Frank turn to Mr. Kim's assistant. "You're very lucky to have such an amazing boss, Ms. Manoban."

Lisa—or now known as Jae Manoban, just slightly nod as a response. Not really wanting to keep the attention on her.

Their dinner went on for about 30-40 minutes with nothing but business talks. She was quiet for the whole time and just listened to their conversation.

She rested her chin on her palm and moved her gaze to the glass window. Staring at the building in front of them.

Gazing upon the sky, she was struck by the darkness of the night, darker than smeared charcoal. Small splashes of gold glittering stars here and there as if an artist had brazenly attempted to light it without aim. Smokey grey clouds deteriorate under the fluorescent silver beams of the moon, as if they were shadows to be banished.

What a mesmerizing sight indeed.

But her tantalizing moment was soon cut off when her eyes caught a sudden movement on the building's rooftop.

It was a man. And he seems to be holding something in his arms.

Lisa squinted her eyes to look at the thing that he was holding.

Wait.

Is that a—sniper gun?

She tried to look at it again properly to make sure if she was right.

Once her consumption was confirmed, she followed the direction where the gun is aiming at.

Only to make her let out a small gasp.

This didn't go unnoticed by Mr. Kim.

His hand made its way to her shoulder. "Miss Jae? Are you okay?"

Lisa bobbed her head three times. "Y-yes, sir. I uh... I just need to go to the restroom." she bowed her head to the chairman sitting across from her. "Please excuse me."

She left without uttering another word. Leaving the two gentlemen dumbfounded.

Meanwhile, instead of making her way to the restroom, Lisa decided to go to the elevator. Hurriedly pressing the 'down' button once she's inside.

Her fingers hastily tapped on her phone and dialed her bodyguard's number. After four consecutive rings, he finally answered.

"Jimin." she sighed.

The tone in her voice made him worried.

"Miss Sin? Is everything alright?"

Lisa shook her head even though he can't see her. "I need you to come here right now."

"Someone's aiming a sniper gun at my boss. I need you here as soon as possible." the moment she finishes her sentence, the elevator dinged and opened.

"I'm on my way." her bodyguard stated.

° ° °

Jungkook Jeon is a man full of determination and perfection. He never settles until he gets what he wants. Something that he got from his father.

And at this moment, the only thing that he wants to do is to kill the man that he's looking at right now—Seokjin Kim.

He can't wait to pull the trigger and shoot him in front of the chairman that he's talking to.

Just imagining his blood dripping down on the floor makes him excited. What more if he finally does it?

Jungkook readied himself and watched his prey like a hawk.

He took a deep breath and was about to let his finger—

"If you pull that trigger, I'll pull mine."

He froze from his spot when he heard a feminine voice. Although it sounded like she ran a marathon because of her shaky breathing.

He let go of the sniper and raised both of his hands in the air.

"You must be such a brave girl to do this." he sneered.

The young woman held tight to her gun. "That's my boss that you're aiming at. He doesn't deserve to be killed by a person like you."

This only made Jungkook to smirk. "He's not what you think he is, miss."

"As far as I'm concerned, my boss saved me. And it's only right to do the same to him."

Jungkook shrugged. "If that's what you want then." he swiftly grabbed another gun on his waist and turn around, pointing it to her.

But once his dark eyes met her soft ones, they were both surprised.

"You..." they whispered in unison.

The two of them stayed like that for a few seconds. Pointing a gun at each other.

This is actually the first time that they've met. But they're very familiar with each other's names.

"Jungkook Jeon."

"Lalisa Sin."

They both snapped on their thoughts when Lisa's phone started ringing. It was Jimin for sure. He's probably looking for her.

Just when Lisa was about to fish her phone out, Jungkook spoke.

"I'd rather not answer that, darling. You wouldn't want to see your precious boss drowning in his own blood, do you?"

Lalisa rolls her eyes in irritation. "What's your problem with my boss? He hasn't done anything wrong."

The young man cocked an eyebrow. "Oh really?" he asked in a sarcastic way.

She gritted her teeth. "Leave before I put a bullet in your head."

He chuckled. "I don't think that you can kill a person, Miss Sin."

Lisa was taken aback. How did he know that she's not capable of doing such a cruel thing?

Seeing her reaction made his smirk grew wider. Who knew that she can be this easy to argue with?

"This is not really the first interaction that I was expecting. And clearly not the first impression that I was imagining." he tilts his head with a playful smirk before continuing. "Why don't we continue this conversation at my place, Miss Sin?"

Lisa didn't answer him and just stayed quiet. Not sure of what to do.

Jungkook smiled. "Look for a black Bugatti. I'll wait for you there." he put his gun down and started to walk.

But he stopped on his tracks when their shoulders brushed.

"And don't even think about running away again."

𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧!