Chapter Thirty Eight

I fly down the stairs and travel to Flynn's door. I pound on it. I hear steps approaching the door slowly. Flynn opens it and smiles.

"Hello, Celia. How are you?" he asks. I shake my head.

"We need to talk," I say. He moves to the side and motions for me to come in.

"Um, okay," he says. I walk in and take a seat at the table. He sits down across from me.

"What's wrong, Celia?" Flynn asks. I hold the folded papers in my hand, afraid to show him what I know.

"The lies. Flynn, you've told me so many lies," I say. He shakes his head.

"Celia, I hope you're still not mad about that fight. I'm telling you, it was Ethan's fault even if I threw the first punch," he says. I stand up and pace the floor.

"I'm not talking about that stupid fight! I'm talking about you lying to me. The fight wouldn't be the first time!" I say. My voice begins to rise a little. He stands up and crosses his arms.

"What are you talking about?" Flynn asks. I cross my arms and stop pacing. Dry laughter escapes my lips.

"Flynn, you lied to me about playing the piano and guitar. You lied about having no talent. And, worst of all, you lied about this," I say. I walk over to the table and put the papers down.

"Where did you get those?" Flynn asks. He points at them but keeps his eyes on me.

"Ethan," I say. This time the dry laughter escapes from him. He runs his hands through his hair.

"Well. Surprise, Surprise," he says. I roll my eyes.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask. He rolls his eyes.

"Ethan. Anytime there is a problem between us he seems to be at the core. He deserts me. I get lost in the woods. He starts taunting me. I get blamed for starting a fight. And now this. Do you not see what is going on here, Celia?" he asks. Anger is in his voice. I throw my hands up in the air and I roll my eyes.

"Ethan has nothing to do with this! You brought this all on yourself when you told me that first lie!" I yell. He shakes his head.

"Well I'm sorry, Celia! I'm sorry that there were things I hid from you! Does it make you happy now that you know about Samantha?" he asks. I walk towards the door. I have the doorknob in my hand but Flynn stops me by saying, " No! You came in here and started yelling at me! We are finishing this!"

"What is there to talk about? You had my trust. Now you don't! This is your problem and I don't know how to dig myself out of this mess that you caused!" I yell. He rolls his eyes again and places his hands on his hips.

"Well, let me ask you this. How do you tell someone 'Oh, hey! I had a girlfriend who left me for some rich guy and never looked back. Oh, and I also only came her to get away from her and my family!' How Celia? How do you say that?" Flynn yells.

"It's called trust. When you trust someone you tell them the truth. So, you must not trust me. But I guess the feeling is mutual now. You've lost something important, Flynn," I explain.

"Yeah. You made it pretty obvious I lost your trust," he spits. I shake my head and walk to the door. I turn the doorknob and slightly crack the door.

"It was more than that. You were the closest to winning my heart but you lost that, too," I respond before walking out the door.
Oh, don't you all love me? I'm just throwing curve balls at Flynn and Celia all the time! Oh well! Please tell me what you think! Votes and Comments are greatly appreciated!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.