22

(Yoongi's POV)

"So...this is a...potato cake?"

Yoongi looks over at Jimin and nods as he starts making Maki her morning bottle, his cheeks lightly warming thinking about them.

"Hyung where did you learn to make these?"

"I didn't make them. Y/N made them last night."

"Woah! These are so good!"

"Hey! Those are mine. Don't eat them."

"Oh come on Hyung don't be selfish! I can have just one there's so many here!"

"Y/N made them for me Chim. She didn't make them for you."

"Maybe I'll ask her myself when she gets here."

"Go ahead."

Yoongi grumbles to himself and walks into his room as Maki rests tenderly in the crib beside his bed, her tiny chest rising up and down with each breath.

She slept so well last night...

I didn't have to wake up with her once...

"Maki, you have to wake up for Appa. Y/N will be here soon and I want to make you look presentable."

Yoongi smiles to himself when Maki opens her round eyes and rolls over on her belly, her tiny hand gripping her pink blanket and pulling it over her eyes.

"Pa..."

"I know you want more sleep but you want to have a good day with Y/N right? She's going to be here any minute."

Yoongi grins at his daughter when she reaches up her chubby arms towards him and he picks her up into his embrace, her head immediately burying into his neck.

"Aigoo, you definitely are my child. We like our sleep."

"Pa..."

"I know right."

When Yoongi walks out his bedroom he looks up at Jimin, who has his plate of potato cakes in front of Y/N, her simple ripped jeans and fuzzy sweater almost sending his heart into a fit.

"Y/N, Yoongi Hyung said I can't have one of his potato cakes! Tell him I can have one!"

Humph.

They're mine.

She made them for me.

Yoongi notices Y/N awkwardly shift in her shoes and only give Jimin slight contact, her cheeks blazing red as she gazes at the floor.

"U-Um...well...they're his so...he can choose what he wants to do with them..."

Yoongi shoots Jimin a smug look and walks up to Y/N with Maki, her smile she sends him making his chest swell with warmth.

"Maki um..she...she just got up...I'm sorry she isn't dressed..."

"Oh please it doesn't matter to me...I can get her dressed. Plus she looks cute in her pajamas."

"Um..I um...thank you..for the potato cakes...I'm going to take them with me today for lunch."

"O-Oh! It was my pleasure...Maki was sleeping anyway so I figured...I s-stopped at the market this morning and um...I got some stuff to make a casserole..."

"Ah Y/N you didn't have to do that here let me give you the money for-"

"Don't worry about it! It's my treat!"

Yoongi looks at the small girl in front of him dumbstruck as she grips the grocery bag in her hands, his throat becoming dry as he reaches out and grabs it.

"H-Here that must be heavy! I'll set it up here for you."

"Pa?"

Yoongi looks down at Maki and notices her staring straight at Y/N with big eyes, her mind whirling as if she's trying to remember Y/N.

"Hey Maki, are you ready to have another day together?"

Maki reaches out from Yoongi and makes a small happy whining noise as Y/N reaches out and grabs her from him, Mali's face now burying into her neck.

"Is it alright if I give Maki a bath?"

"U-Um yeah! No problem...Maki loves taking a bath..most of the time I have to force her out of it..."

Aw...

I want to stay and spend time with Maki...

I got home so late last night...and I'll get home late again tonight...

Wait what about the casserole she's making?

"Hyung, we better go if we want to get out on time to go to dinner."

Yoongi nervously looks over at Y/N as she simply looks between the both of them while patting Maki's back, her eyes swirling with emotions Yoongi can't quite pinpoint.

"I um...is it still okay if I go out tonight? If you have plans or something it's fine-"

"I don't mind Yoongi, go ahead."

Yoongi blushes and feels his heart rate heavily increase when she says his name, his eyes lingering on her for a moment until Jimin tugs at his sleeve."

"Hyung come on! There's this great place we all get to go to and I don't wanna miss it!"

"You're the one that wont get out in time. I'm on a time clock now."

"Hyuunnnggggg!"

"Alright alright. I'll see you tonight Y/N, thank you so much again."

"It's no problem, thank you for hiring me."

Yoongi leans down and kisses Maki's head before walking out the front door with Jimin and locking it behind him, his mood suddenly becoming solemn.

"Hyung, you don't have to be so obvious."

"Huh?"

"You obviously think she's hot."

"Wh-What?! Nuh uh!"

"Seriously Hyung? I've never seen you stutter in front of anyone before but her."

"Well...I don't know her very well yet...plus I'm leaving my daughter with her."

"Uh Huh. You can try to fool me all you want but you can't lie to me. You like her."

Yoongi shuffles his feet in agitation as he sends Jimin a glare, the mood in the elevator now steely and silent.

"No, I do not. Maki is my biggest concern and she is nothing but a babysitter so I can provide for my daughter."

"Gosh Hyung I was just joking. No need to get so coarse."

Yoongi quickly makes his way to the car outside the back of the building and buckled himself in, his head leaning against the window as he gazes up at the window of his apartment where his daughter stays safely concealed.

Don't worry Maki..

Nothing will get in Appa's way of protecting you...

I won't let myself get distracted...

(A/N): UwU