•6•

•Toms pov•
"So this girl, is she pretty?"
"Mum stop" I say.
"Is she sweet? Have you spent much time with her?" She asks.
"Seriously mum, you've gotta stop" I shake my head.
"Oh tom really does like her, it's obvious" Sam says.
"The boys obsessed! He goes to school with her all day, works out with her, takes her home after the party" Harry states and my mums eyes go wide.
"Gave her a ride home and helped her inside. That's it" I say.
"Oh honey you like her!" Mum says and I groan.
"If you don't stop I'm not going" I warn.
There's a knock on the door and it opens.
"Hey harrison" my mum smiles.
"I thought I told you I had a thing tonight" I say to him.
"Oh the dinner at Elle's house? Yeah she invited me" he nods.
"When did she invite you?" I ask.
"Earlier, we hung out all day. She just went home" he says.
"Hung out? Why?"
"Why do you care Tom?" Harry asks, a shit eating grin on his face. God the money I'd pay for someone to suffocate him with a pillow right now.
"Don't really, just thought its weird to hang out with the new girl" I shrug.
"Well what can I say, American girl doll is growing on me" he says.
"You've gotta stop calling her that mate" I laugh.
"I think it's cute" my mum says and I roll my eyes.
We all head over to Elle's house. I don't know why she'd invite Haz, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just weird.
A tall blonde woman opens the door with a huge smile.
"Oh look at your beautiful kids!" The woman says, letting us inside. The home is a lot nicer in the light, but nothing can distract from that oversized crown display.
"Thank you! This is paddy, our youngest, Sam and Harry, the twins. This is my oldest Tom, and Haz is practically my child" my mum says.
I look to my right and see Elle skipping down the stairs.
"Hey!" She smiles at us.
"This is my daughter Elenor"
Elle shakes my mum and dads hands with a smile.
"It's good to meet you guys" she says. She makes a wonderful first impression.
"Oh please come into the family room, I believe Edward is in there" Margaret leads us all.
Everyone starts chatting and I see Haz and Elle are just muttering things to each other, and I can't make out what they're saying.

•elenors pov•
"I told you she was going to say something weird" I giggle to Haz.
"If only we had beers we could make this a drinking game" he laughs.
"Oh Elle is a model? Haz does modeling too!" Nikki says and I turn to face him.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.
"It's embarrassing I guess" he shrugs.
"Dude we could do jobs together! I have so many connections!" I say.
"Really?" He asks.
"Of course! It would be so fun!"
"I have a few people that would love to have another male on their team" my mom says.
"Wow, thanks!" Haz smiles.
I look over to Tom who almost looks irritated, I give him a confused face to which he responds with a smile. Hm, he must have just been zoning out. I get that, model talk is boring as fuck.
The dinner carries on, and is soon over but our parents are deep in conversation.
"You guys wanna go do a fire pit?" I ask.
"Or just anything to get away from this table" Tom adds a little more quietly.
"Yeah" I nod with a laugh.
"Let's do it" Haz says.
We get up from the table, leaving the twins and paddy behind because we're terrible people.
I lead them to my back yard, lit by string lights and lanterns. I convinced my mom to decorate out here and it's beautiful.
"I gotta go get the wood from the shed" I say.
"I'll help you" Tom says, walking alongside me.
"Why'd you invite Haz?" He whispers.
"I thought it'd make you more comfortable, why? Did it not help?" I ask.
"Oh you invited him for me?" He asks.
"Yeah why else would I deliberately give my parents the satisfaction of meeting two of my friends" I laugh.
"You're really sweet to do that for me" he says and I smile.
We grab the wood, and walk back to the fire pit.
"Okay, I did Girl Scouts so step aside boys" I say. I set the wood up and grab a piece of paper and a match. Within seconds my fire is started and it's growing beautifully.
"Okay Girl Scout I see you" Haz laughs. "But the real question is, where's the cookies?"
"Oh hush it" I say. "this is perfect lighting, let's take a picture!"
I pull out my phone, holding the camera up, the two boys come in on either side of me, making a dumb ass face. I was going to scold them for it but instead join in, also making an ugly face and taking the picture.
"I hope you know this is going everywhere" I say.
"That's okay, I'm use to looking ugly" Haz jokes and I frown.
"You are far from ugly" I shake my head at him.
"Ohhh does our little American girl doll find me attractive then?" Haz asks.
"I didn't say that" I roll my eyes at him.
"You kind of did" he laughs.
I post the photo to my Instagram and continue with the night. Harry and sam decide to join us and the boys are deep in conversation as I scroll through my phone. I get a notification from our photo on Instagram and click it.
@brookbabe commented on your photo 'new girl sure does get around doesn't she!'
"What the fuck is brook's problem?" I say, handing my phone to Haz.
"What happened?" Tom asks.
"Wow, she's really jealous" Haz laughs, handing Tom the phone.
"Seriously? I'll talk to her" Tom says.
"You? I thought she was Haz's ex" I say.
"Well, she's also my ex too" he says and my eyes widen.
"So much for bro code" I laugh.
"It was Haz that broke it not me" Tom says.
"Hey! You said you didn't care!" Haz frantically points out.
"You two have terrible taste in girls" I say.
"Agreed!" Harry says far too quickly.