~Sixteen~

Dedicated to Teefabulous Thanks for cover above. Love you loads

                      ~Jade's POV~

I was in my room contemplating about Hana's outburst. After we both left the cafeteria, we went to the field and sat down on the grass, our hands still intertwined. After a while, I'd asked her

'Okay, are you going to tell me what's wrong with you now?'

She'd shook her head after a while. I was nearing experation. Seriously, I felt like shouting at the top of my voice.

'Really, Hana? You're not going to tell me? Well, suit yourself.'

And I'd stood up, ready to leave when she grabbed my hands. I looked down to find her smiling.

'God! Jade, you're really going to leave me like this.'

I laughed and sat down again.

'Well, you left me with no option.'

She laughed and I joined in laughing too.

'Geez, Jade. What will I ever do without you? I'm sorry about my outburst earlier. It's just the stress of work and how grams is successfully mounting pressure on my parents. And there's other reason but I can't tell you now, maybe when I sleepover or you sleepover.'

Then she closed the gap between us and hugged me and she whispered I'm sorry to my ears.

Now, sitting in front of the mirror in my room, I was thinking about her and how she's really not told me what's wrong with her. Ya Allah, don't like it be what I'm thinking oo.....

'knock knock'

I turned to see Zee at the doorway

'Why are you saying knock knock when you're already inside?'

She shrugged and sat down on my bed. I looked at her from the mirror.

'Hey, you okay? You look down.'

She looked up and shrugged. 'I'm okay?'

'You sure'

She nodded just as we heard mom shouting our names from the sitting room. I groaned as I stood up. Zee followed suit.

'They're always indoors. I don't know what it is that they're doing in their room'

We heard her say just as we got to the sitting room. Mummy Ola, one of her oldest friend was in the sitting room.

'E kasan ma' We said simultaneously, kneeling down.

'Jadeshola, how're you doing? Aunty Zainab, you guys are all grown now.' Then she turned to mom 'I was telling Zainab the other time I saw her at a wedding in Ogun that she should do quick and bring husband home, abi is she not twenty now?'

Fuck! Fuck!! Fuck!!!

I looked at Zee, her face was devoid of any emotion. I dared a glance at my dad who still has his eyes glued on the TV and my mom who was looking at Zee as if she has grown two heads.

'Abi oo' mom replied with a tight smile. The whole mood changed in the sitting room. We both sat down like lost puppies and we had to nod to everything they were talking about. In less than 30 minutes, Mummy Ola left and mom saw her off to the Gate. Dad still sat nothing, the newspaper still in his hand. Then mom came back inside.

'Zainab, don't tell me you really attended the wedding we prohibited you from attending?'

Zee stood up from her seat.