Chapter 21 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

This morning when I woke up, my queen and princess were still sleeping. I decided to do some work while they slept. I ordered everyone to stay away from my room so they don't wake them up.

I ran into my parents when I got downstairs and they both let me know that they were going back to Italy.

They said they wanted to say goodbye to Roxie and lily before they left but they're both asleep still and they had to leave already since they have important business that needs to be done over there.

I'm currently in my office, leaning back on my huge black leather chair with my fingers making the shape of a triangle in front of my face while Elijah sits in the chair in front of my desk and two guards stand outside the door.

I don't say anything to him. We both sit in silence as I stare him down with no emotion and he fidgets in his seat.

When sweat starts to form on his face, I finally speak, "You told me that you did a background check on the kid."

"I d-"

"Don't interrupt me. You won't speak unless I tell you to speak." I tell him in a calm tone.

He nods his head and keeps looking at me while he trembles in his seat.

"You told me that the kid had nowhere to go, meaning he was homeless and alone. You did a background check on him and said he was clean. Now, I assumed he was an only child since he had no where to go but yesterday my queen told me differently." I tell him all of this without raising my voice.

"But b-boss, What if she lied to you? I-"

"Shut. Up." I say with a low growl.

This mother fucker spoke when I clearly told him not to and he has the nerve to say that my girl lied to me.

I let out a sigh and run a hand over my face, "Where were you when part of the footage two days ago got deleted?" He stays quiet. "Speak."

"I was in the surveillance room the whole night that night. I never left." He says while looking anywhere but at me.

"And where was the kid?" I question while narrowing my eyes at him.

"He was by my side the whole time like you ordered.." he pauses for a moment, then his eyes go wide. "Except, he offered to get us some coffee and a few minutes after I drank it, I started getting dizzy and tired.. then I just fell asleep."

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose, "Where we're Daniel and Mark?"

"T-they went on break so me and the kid stayed." He says while sweat drips down his head.

I start getting more angry, "And yesterday, where were you when someone decided to poison my princess?"

He thinks for a moment, "I- I remember I woke up in the morning and Pablo brought me coffee again.. he told me it was his way of saying thank you for helping him. Anyways, I drank the coffee while I was getting ready and I ended up passing out in my room. When I woke up, Daniel and Mark were in my room and they told me what happened."

I pull out my gun from my drawer and aim it at his leg. "This never would've happened if you hadn't got the stupid idea of hiring a kid without telling me first. You know that's not how I hire guys."

Then I shoot him on his shoulder.

♾♾♾♾

•Roxie's POV ~

Damon wasn't in bed with us when I woke up but lily was still sleeping. I checked her head and her temperature was slowly lowering back to normal.

I went to go look for Damon but couldn't find him. When I made it to his office, I saw two guards standing by the door.