Chapter 7

R Y A N

TONIGHT Mrs Greyson was hosting a engagement party at her home across the city. I was annoyed that I had to prepare for this event in such short notice, but I understood that they wanted to tell me face to face rather than a phone call about their exciting news. All of Noah's family would be there, but ours unfortunately, was too far away to come. We knew we would see them at the wedding in June and at least Tori had a good circle of friends to celebrate with tonight. Laying on my bed I ponder the idea of inviting Matt, he can be my date, that way when I have to talk to people I didn't know he could at least cover the awkward silences.
   My shyness had improved over the years at college. It had to. I couldn't always rely on Matt to be the person to talk for me, I had to suck it up and just talk to people, not to mention we only had one class together. I was okay with new people, but not asking questions about them and really getting to know them, I didn't want to come off as nosy. But with Matthew with me tonight at least I'd have company and at least I won't be stuck with Jackson and his friends all night.

Me:
Wanna come to a party tonight? xox

Matt:
Depends on the party ;)

Me:
Tori & Noah's engagement party

Matt:
YOUR SIS IS MARRYING A SEX GOD?!

Me:
Your 20yrs old & still call him a sex god?

Matt:
Fuck yes!

Me:
Wow! You know hes officially family right? Gotta stop with the sex god talk!

Matt:
Whatever... but yes, I will be your date! X

Me:
Love you! xo

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

LATER THAT day, while Mum and Dad left early to help set up for the party I showered, washed my hair and sat in a towel planning my outfit for tonight. I didn't have a outfit fit for a party, a Mrs Greyson party that is. I had no elegant dress or two piece suit that would fit a 'money' party so I settled for my go to outfit and I'm happy that Tori already said it wasn't formal so smart casual was fine. With a quick vid call to Amy and her seal of approval, I knew I made the right choice.
   A black crop top that wasn't too short with a fringed hem that sat below my shoulders and a matching black skirt that had a slit up the side to my mid thigh, reaching down to my ankles. It showed what it needed to but still kept me covered, especially from the belly button bar Matt made me get when I lost a bet my first week of college, I've also recently lost another bet - my third to be exact but this one is a tattoo. Mums annoyed expression when I got my belly button piecred and got my other two piercings had allowed her to give me a earful of moans about mulating my body. Getting a tattoo would not be a good thing to get right now after annoucing my gap year.
   As my neck and shoulders are bare I curl my hair into ringlets, pinning it to one side and do my make up. Rose gold eye shadow with black eyeliner, a little blush and a subtle nude pink lip. I always did dramatic eyes or lips, but never both. Like always I slip into my black Van's - the only shoes I throw away and go to the shop that day to buy another because they practically go with everything. Maybe not the outfit I'm wearing tonight, but at least I was comfy and black on black was okay in Amy's eyes so that was good enough for me.

The bell chimes and I head downstairs to meet Matt who said he would pick me up. Bang on time he's here and I'm surprised as I'm always the person to count on when it comes to time keeping, Matty on the other hand is hardly ever early or on time, thank god tonight he is. When I open the door Matt is standing there in his navy blue trousers, a crisp white t-shirt with a matching blue dinner jacket, the dark navy of the suit goes well with his caramel skin and his beaming smile.