Tragic Truth

Jack's POV

Jack's POV

🎶Ahhhhhaaahhh!🎶

A haunting melody woke me. Ugh. I hadn't stopped hearing this ringing since we came to The Northuldra's camp. 

🎶Ahhhhhaaaahhh!"🎶

Seriously? I get up. I get out of the tent the Northuldra graciously set up for me and Elsa.

Elsa is actually outside staring at the foggy skies. 

"Do you hear it too?" Elsa asks me.

She heard it too?

"Was it a weird duet of a sirens' call?"

"That's the one."

🎶Ahhhhaaaahhhh!🎶

We jump at the sound. Well, we both hear the same thing.

Just then we see Bruni scamper past us. He grinned at us, and licked his eye.

"He hears it too." Elsa said.

"Are you saying we should follow him?" I ask skeptically.

"I actually think I know where he's going."

"Really!?"

"Yes, we need to go to Atohallan."

"But Elsa..." I pinch my nosebridge. "Atohallan's just a myth!"

"No, I talked to Honeymarren."

"Ryder's older sister?"

"Yes, she said it's real."

"...Ok. So how do you suppose we find that place?"

"We head in the direction of the sirens' call. North." Elsa pointed in the direction headed to the mountains.

"Alright." I agree. Then I scoop her up and fly up toward the North!

"JACK!" Elsa shrieked in suprise.

"Awww. Trust your husband, Honey."

"Put me down, DEAR." Elsa ordered in a dangerous icy tone.

I chuckle and then I land back on the ground.

Elsa stalked ahead, clearly annoyed. Awww. C'mon, it was funny!

We journeyed farther, the little lizard darting ahead of us. Then Elsa gasped and stopped dead.

"Elsa?" I walk up to her. "What's wrong?"

She pointed to a shipwreck a few yards ahead. "That's an Arendelle ship. The one Mother and Father boarded and...never returned."

"But- I thought you said their voyage was on the South Sea? If it's here it must have come through the Dark Sea!"

I knew my geography, thanks to Daddy's intensive teaching.

Elsa frowned and rushed to the wreck. 

"Hey!" I race after her.

"I have to know what happened. Why were my parents on the Dark Sea?"

We go into the wreck. This most probably isn't a good idea. Whatever we learn isn't gonna be anything we want to know. But there's no stopping Elsa.

She is rumaging the compartments of the ship's hull.

"What are you doing?"

"Every Arendelle ship has a secret compartment that's water proof. Usually that's where they store the ship's log and other important documents." 

Then a hidden drawer popped open. Elsa removed a cylinder-shaped container. She opened it and removed a scroll of parchments. Elsa took a deep breath and opened them.

Most of the pages were full of ancient writing we couldn't decipher but the final parchment we could. It was a map. And it traced Elsa's parents' intended journey. It seems they truly had no plans to sail the South Sea. Their ship had intentionally sailed to the Dark Sea and they intended to reach a large isle. And it was called: Atohallan!

"It is real." I whispered looking at Elsa.

"But why were they trying to reach Atohallan?" Elsa wondered.

Then she gasped, struck by inspiration. "Water has memory!" She crouched on the ship's floor. "I have to know what happened." She chanted.

"Whoa, Elsa! You don't know what you're gonna learn!"

"I have to know!" Elsa insisted.

Then an icy sculpture imerged. Elsa's parents clinging to each other as water filled the room they were in. Their voices echoed from it. Elsa's mother was frantically worrying about her daughters she would be leaving behind. Especially Elsa. Elsa's father was comforting his wife saying their girls would be alright.

I held Elsa close as she watched and listened to her parents' last moments. After it finished, Elsa raced out of the wreck, sobbing, "It was my fault! They went to Atohallan to learn answers about me!"

❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄💙❄

Author's Note: I am so happy I finally was able to get this chapter done! And now Elsa knows the truth about her parents' decisions leading to their deaths. Will Jack be able to help Elsa cope with this new trauma? And will they make it to Atohallan AND return? Not to mention how is Hiccup and his allies gonna stay on top of this war? And will they manage to change Maleficent from a lizard and a villain? Please vote, comment, and share this chapter. Thank you! 🤗