Chapter 27: The Big Three

I remember falling asleep. Then... Nothing. No dreams, no nightmares, nothing. I was just in a deep state of sleep, yet I was still able to hear everything that happened, and occasionally light shone through my eyelids, giving the illusion of seeing while unconscious.

It was disorienting, not knowing whether anything I was hearing was real, and confusing as well. I was hearing things that doctors would often say, but in my state I was unable to determine that I was in a hospital.

I woke up in a rather dark room in a bed and looked around quickly, my mind coming back to me before my senses and my body itself. I took a deep breath in and looked to see I was attached to a machine on wheels.

Tsu was next to my bed in a rather uncomfortable looking chair, asleep herself. In my still dozy state I asked, "Where am I?" Which woke her up.

She looked at me almost in disbelief as her mouth hung slightly open, staring into my eyes. She gasped quietly and jumped out of her chair to almost tackle me in a hug that nearly made me fall back in my bed.

She wrapped her arms around me and simply said, "Alex-chan..."

"What... What happened? Did I turn?" I asked after a few seconds.

Refusing to pull away from me, she answered with her head on my shoulder, "No... They said you just collapsed after the exam, unable to breathe. I thought you were going to die. Next time I tell you to go to the nurse, just do it, ok?!" She was clearly distressed.

"Yes, I will. I'm sorry to worry you..."

"It's not just me. Everyone was worried! There was a big scene, an ambulance came and a paramedic crew, everyone from our class saw and wanted to come see if you were alright! Even some students from other schools were worried about you, one in particular felt really bad for some reason, a boy with blue hair..."

The perfume kid. He probably thought it was his fault I'd ended up unable to breathe. I didn't know what school he went to at the time and felt really bad, hoping I'd be able to put his mind at ease somehow as soon as I could.

"Next time I feel even a little unwell I'll take a step back. Even if it's important."

"Good."

"How did it go anyway?" I started, perking up a little. "Did everyone pass?"

She shook her head after pulling away and started explaining the events of the exam to me and how Bakugo and Todoroki failed. Honestly, Bakugo didn't surprise me too much, but I was amazed Todoroki hadn't passed and that he did what he did.

"Damn, there was a search and rescue exam? I'm so mad, that's exactly the type of work I want to do! That would've been perfect for me!"

"Maybe you should've gotten yourself sorted out before going then, shouldn't you? Oh, Sero-chan wants to thank you too, you saved him from the pre exam, kero."

I was about to reply, when suddenly someone knocked on the door and opened it. It was Alpha, who started off her visit by asking, "How's it going, lovebirds?"

Tsu and I stared at Alpha, the look of worry and discomfort on our faces was clearly evident as she soon after put her hands up defensively, "Hey, relax, it was just a joke."

I audibly sighed in relief and loosened my muscles as she asked me the generic doctor things, "How are you feeling?" That sort of thing.

A little quietly, I replied, "Hungry," And Tsu quickly asked her if I would be alright and if they'd found out what it was yet.

It looked like she wanted to say something else, but decided on, "I'm sorry, but the only thing that we have so far is the condition in which Alex's lungs are in. Everything else is just based on theories. I should be able to give you the information that you need tomorrow morning. From there, I'll figure something out to fix all this."