Chapter 6

Miles' POV

Calvin leads the way to his room, going up multiple flights of stairs. He opens a door that leads to a floor that is empty. There is living room, a kitchen, and I'm guessing, his room.

Calvin grabs my hand and practically drags me to his room. When I walk in, I take in the room. I see black silk bedsheets, and soft looking pillows. There is a dresser in front of the bed, with a television hanging above it. there is a wall full of windows, showing a large amount of the forest.

After staring at this beautiful room, I snap back to reality when I see Calvin sit on his bed. I can't believe he actually took me to his room!

"Do you like my room? It's my favorite space in this house," he informs, looking for my opinion.

"Yes, it's beautiful," I state, still in awe over the wall of windows.

"Just like something else in this room," he says, staring at me. I blush a deep red, knowing he's talking about me. Why is he flirting so much? He's making me question my sexuality.

"I'm anything but beautiful, but thank you," I say bashfully, not really ever receiving complements.

"Maybe that's true. You are gorgeous, stunning, with your curly brown hair and deep hazel eyes. I could get lost in them forever. You are everything, including beautiful," he says, voice full of sincerity. Still standing awkwardly in the middle of his room, I go over to sit beside him on the bed.

My face probably looks like a tomato, blushing an even deeper red than before.

"Ahhh, my face is so warm!" I blurt out, not knowing what to say. I put my hands on my cheeks, willing them to cool down.

"You're cute when you blush, sweetheart," Calvin says in that sultry voice of his.

I think about what I'm going to say next, and decide just to go for it. "I'm not gay... But I feel this connection to you. Why?"

"I can't explain that right now, but I'll tell you when the time comes. But all you need to know is that I like you, and I know you like me too," Calvin says as he scoots closer to me on the bed.

I don't move, totally focused on what Calvin is saying. "How about we go on a date? If it makes you more comfortable, we can go with Jason and his girlfriend, Jessica."

Never having been on a date, I think the decision over. I could go on this date and explore this possible relationship, or I could go home and sing to myself. I'm 18 and I've never been on a date. Maybe I should live a little.

"Okay, sounds like a plan."

***

The school day is finally over, and today is the day that I go on the date with Calvin.

I'm so nervous. What if I do something embarrassing? What if he decides he doesn't like me? I've never done this before! My heart is racing as I'm driving home. I start breathing heavy and I'm worried a panic attack is about to occur. I get them every once in a while, not often enough to be considered alarming.

I make it home without fully panicking, and I rush into the shower. Showers always help me calm down, the warm water falling down on my head, full of time to just think.

Maybe this was a bad idea. I'm not gay, why would I be so attracted to him? I've felt this connection to Calvin since I met him, and I feel empty without him near me.

Getting out of the shower after doing my routine, I dry off and put on some lotion. I get dressed in something casual, like Calvin told me to, and wait for him to arrive.

Maybe this won't be so bad?