12 // Golden

a/n : this story reached 1k reads!! thank you all so very much ❤️❤️
* * *
"Officer Smith," I said in an almost panicked tone, rushing out of the makeshift interrogation room. I look left and right to see no one nearby, except Officer Elscano standing next to the door with her arms folded under her chest.

"You must be Miss Mason," She greets me, "I'm Officer Elscano."

"Hi," I say sheepishly, "so, uh, Officer Smith handed me this." I held up the VIP lanyard.

"I'm aware," She chuckled, "I'm the one who retrieved that from Mr. Styles for you."

"Oh, right," I laugh nervously, "what does it mean exactly?"

"It means," she said as she began walking away, expecting me to follow her, "you'll be able to get your spot before anyone else. And if you want to get close, I would recommend going right now. Doors open in," she paused briefly as she checked her watch, "roughly 8 minutes. So if you're wanting merchandise I'd go get that now."

"Oh, like...right now?" I ask stupidly, preparing to move if she said yes.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Oh, then I'm gonna go do that," I announced before awkwardly starting to walk away, practically tripping over my own feet.

"You do that," she snickers, "I'm going to go to the doors so I can help contain the crowd when they open. It always gets a little crazy when the doors very first open."

"Okay, well thank you so so much," I say holding out my hand. She took a hold of it and shook it.

"Don't thank me," she corrects, "Thank Officer Smith! It was all his idea!"

"Well if you see him, would you mind thanking him for me?"

"I'd be glad to," she grinned before stepping away.

As promptly as possible, I rushed over to the merchandise stand, buying both myself and Jess matching blue 'Treat People With Kindness' hoodies. I felt slightly bad she wasn't here to watch the show with me, I know how much she would've loved it.

Jess was never quite as obsessed with One Direction as I was. I kind of converted her in away. She liked their music and thought a few of them were cute in high school, but I loved them as if they were my own friends—which in a way, I felt like they kind of were. She would laugh and make fun of me for loving them so much when we very first met, but as time went on and Harry released his first album, she became a stan as well.

As for me, I was a hardcore Zayn girl back in the earlier 1D days, and I wasn't really a Harry stan until the hiatus. His first album blew me away and it was unlike anything I'd ever heard from him before. I went to his Denver show and listened to his music 24/7 — as I said, my life was dedicated to him. But after tour, when Harry went into his usual hiding, so did my so-called "obsession." I didn't listen to Harry's first album as often and I wasn't wearing my merch every single day like before. Once 'Fine Line' was announced, I was determined to not get back into the fangirl phase I was once in. But here I was, walking to the front of the pit with two hoodies in my arms.

I wasn't sure where I was going to put the hoodies, being so squished up close to the stage. But I'd find a way.

"Miss Mason," A British male voice sounded from behind me just as I got to the entrance. I turned around swiftly to see Officer Smith behind me, approaching fairly quickly. "Would you like me to take those for you so you can enjoy the show?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking down at the hoodies in my arms. "How would I get them afterward, I mean."

"You could just simply pick them up after the shows over," he shrugs, "We can establish a meeting place and we'll meet there after the show. You can just pick them up from there."

"Okay, that sounds good," I said shrugging also. I handed him my hoodies and he smiled kindly. He and I decided he would just take me to our 'meeting spot' as soon as the show was finished. I was told to just stay in my spot at the front of the pit and he'd find me from there.

Now I know what you're thinking: Lili, are you insane?! You're really just trusting some random guy with $130 worth of merch?

And my answer to that would be: I honestly wouldn't consider Officer Smith to be a 'random guy'. He's the reason I will be able to enjoy the concert so close to the stage. Plus, he's a security guard, and that makes me feel a lot better about it.

"Well, go on," he shooed me off with his hand, "We don't want you to miss any part of the show, now do we?"

"No, sir," I chuckled as I started to turn around.

"And Miss Mason," He stopped me. I hummed in response and turned back around to face him. "Make sure you inform your roommate."

And with that, he walked away, not saying another word to me. I took that as a sign to go get my spot as I saw the doors opening and fans flooding in. I practically ran to the pit, and other girls followed closely behind me.

* * *

I'd been waiting alone in the very front center of the pit, against the barricade, for almost 30 minutes. The pit filled quite slowly at first, only a few girls joining in every minute. But once it got closer to time for Harry to come on stage, the entire place was flooding with girls in flare pants and anything and everything with "Treat People With Kindness" on it. What I was wearing was nothing special, and I realized that very quickly.

I met a few of the girls around me. They were super friendly and insanely social, which I couldn't have related because I have and never will be the type of person to just go up to someone and start a conversation. You'd think it'd be easy since we were at the same concert so we had common interests, but it was harder than it looked.

"What do you think he's going to wear?" Izzy, one of the girls I met, asked me.

"Oh, I don't know," I thought hard for a moment, trying to figure out what I thought he was going to wear.

"Do you think he'll show up in the 'Fine Line' outfit again?"

"No," I shook my head vigorously, holding onto the barricade, "Harry never repeated a tour outfit, so I don't expect him to do so now."

"Yeah, you're right," she admitted, "I think he's going to wear something black."

"Black's too sad a miserable of a color," I argued, "I don't think he'll wearing something depressing tonight."

"Well then what color do you think he's wearing?" She chuckled.

"I'm not sure," I pursed my lips briefly, "but I have a feeling it's bright and happy."

And I was right, because a little over half an hour later, Harry came out on the stage, prancing around in a yellow suit as he sang the very first song off the album, 'Golden'.

* * *
a/n : how are you enjoying the story so far?

i hope you are all prepared for a new character to be introduced. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)