Chapter 34: Insatiable [M]

As soon as Lisa heard the door creaked open, and saw the girl in front of her panting nervously. She fumbled on something from her back that Jieun didn't took notice of.

And as the owner of the apartment went in, and closed the front door. He obviously stride towards his room rushing. And took his phone out unaware that he wasn't alone.

The man started to pick his phone and make a call. "Bro, where are you?"

The man asked while nipping anxiously on his nail. And pacing back and forth with agitation.

While Jieun and Lisa shared a look of surprise as they listen silently inside the tall wardrobe they're hiding in.

"No, no, fuck, just don't ever go back here. They wouldn't know."

The guy answered hastily. Jieun's fear started to fade and was replaced with curiosity.

"They bought that, who wouldn't bought that alibi. It was perfect, man.", the guy sneered confidently.

Jieun's brows furrowed, and look at Lisa and mouthed, "I told you so!". Lisa smirked. Having to see the girl getting hype up knowing her suspicion is actually right. But now what they are wondering is who's the person on the other line.

"It would die down, and when it does. You're free to roam around again, and I'll flew somewhere else, far away from here. Just-"

"Just don't ever go out. Please."

Jieun's eyes widened. Hearing the guy's plan of escaping his crime. So she held her waist and cupped the handle of her gun, waiting for the right time to attack. But Lisa saw how she's making a stance, and quickly hold Jieun's hand and shook her head disappoint the latter's plan of surprising the guy.

Jieun's teeth gritted. They're already there and have heard all the information they needed. Their next step is to track down the guy's accomplice. And get both of them in jail. She didn't want to lose their chance and stay silent, knowing the guy is ahead of them and have his plan smoothly going.

But the look on Lisa's face caught her off guard. The tall girl is just so calm the whole time they were hiding, and she's more curious about what was Lisa's been thinking rather than hers so she trust Lisa on this one and let go of her gun.

But an unexpected thing happened that didn't expect.

Jieun's phone started ringing out loud. That startled the hell out of them both.

The suspect's eyes grew wide with shock, and without hesitation, he dropped the call and search for his gun from his bag in panic. And hold it tightly aiming while he slowly roam around the room. The ringing sound continued and he was so sure it's coming from his drawer.

"Fuck you!" The guy shouted and pull his trigger aiming at the wardrobe.

But before he could shoot, Lisa kicked the door opened and jumped on him in that instance. And started to tug his gun from him.

"Fuck! Let go!" The man grunted, and pulling his hand from Lisa's grip.

Jieun hastily pulls her gun out, aiming towards the two but she couldn't shoot the culprit due to Lisa having a tug war with the murderer.

"We heard you, fighting back will just prove you even more guilty. So you let go!" Lisa exclaimed with a warning.

"Then I have no choice but to kill both of you then!"

The guy shouted as he keep on tugging his hand back. He was in a rage, and become more aggressive he started to hit Lisa's stomach with his knees. Which shocked Jieun, she started to get all worried for Lisa. The small girl curses under her breath pissed that there's no way she'll have a chance to shoot when the suspect is using Lisa a shield.