Chapter 4: The return of the king

"Can you go and check for any signs of trouble, Anga?" Fuli asked the eagle. "Yep." Anga replied as she flew up. After a few seconds Baliyo asked if she spotted anything. "I think I see Kion and Bunga. They're with Simba, Nala and Kiara." she replied. "Are you sure it is Kion? It was only yesterday that he left." "Looks like it is him."

As Kion was walking he saw Anga flying. Then she looked at them. "Hey Anga!" Kion shouted at her. The bird quickly came towards them, and landed right in front of Kion. "Hey Kion, good to see you again." she greeted. "I would have liked if it was a bit later than now already, but good to see you too." he greeted back. Fuli, Beshti, Ono and Baliyo arrived at their location. "Kion, welcome back." they said. "I need to tell you all something, but I also want Rani, the Night Pride and Makini to hear it. Can you tell them to meet me at the tree of life?" Kion told his friends. "Affirmative!" Ono responded. "Thank you Ono. I'll be heading over there."

"Queen Rani, there is someone who wants to talk to you waiting at the tree of life." Ono told the queen. "Oh, really. I'll be heading there right away." she responded, already running towards the tree of life. "I will go and have the night Pride coming too." Ono told Rani as he flew off.

Rani was waiting outside the tree of life for the rest of the Night Pride to arrive. "There you are." she said as they approached. "Do you already know who is waiting, Rani?" Baliyo asked his sister. "I don't know. But I do know there is only one way to find out, and that is by going inside and talking to him or her." Rani responded. She walked into the tree, with the Night Pride following her. A huge smile appeared on her face as she saw who wanted to talk to her. "Kion!" she greeted. "Rani, how are you doing?" "Great, but how are things with you, returning so quickly." After Rani asked this, Kion's smile disappeared and made space for a saddened face. "My scar has never been healed." he said in a serious tone. "You must be kidding. You look just fine to me." she chuckled as a respons. "No, I'm serious. While we thought is was healed, it was only paused from acting up, just like the Tuliza did, but longer." After hearing this, Rani knew it really wasn't a joke. "I'll have Nirmala checking you. Let's get you healed." "Thanks Rani, Nirmala." "Come with me Kion. Let's go get your scar healed, and this time for real." "See you later Rani, mom, dad, Kiara, Night Pride." Kion said as he walked off with Nirmala. "Bye Kion, good luck." they all said back.

"So... How do you think my scar can be healed?" Kion asked Nirmala. "I'm still thinking of a way to do it. It might be useful for me to check out your scar first." After she said that Kion made sure Nirmala could check out his eye without any problems. After a few minutes she stepped away from Kion. "I'm not sure if it can still be healed, the scar is in a far stage already. I can try my best, but you should know that what we're going to do might not have any effect anymore." she concluded. "What? This must be a joke. This can't be true." Kion reacted. "TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE!" he screamed at Nirmala. "I'm sorry Kion. I'll try my best, but it might not work." she said with a defeated tone. After hearing this, a tear came from Kion's eye as he ran away. "Kion, wait!" Nirmala tried to get him to come back. "Just leave me alone for a moment, okay." Kion said back to her as he kept running.

"Nirmala, you're back. Where's Kion?" Rani asked when she saw Nirmala walking back into the tree of life. "Kion ran away from me. He said he wanted to be alone for a moment." "Do you know why he wants to be alone?" "I think it is because of his scar. It might not be possible to be healed at all. I promised I would do all I can to get it healed, but there is a chance it might have no effect at all." "I want to have a talk with him. Do you know where he went?" "I don't know. Sorry." "No problem, but if you find him, tell him I'm searching for him." "I'll do." "Thank you Nirmala." After the little conversation Rani walked out, starting the search for her mate.

"Why is this happening. Everything was just fine. Finally peace, no problems, fun, someone to love. And now this. This can't be happening. I'm becoming something that's not me. I'm becoming a threat for those I love, for the ones close to me. My friends and family. Damn, the hole tree of life. Why is this happening. I should go back. Apologise to Nirmala for my outburst, she doesn't deserve it. Or does she. She didn't properly heal me in the first place. If she did I wouldn't be in this mess right now. We wouldn't be in this mess right now. She'll try her best, but what if she fails? What should I do. I can't live like this. My family has to leave. I don't want to hurt them." Kion spoke to himself. "You won't hurt them." Rani said, walking up to him. "Rani, hey." "Nirmala told me about your scar. I'm worried Kion. I don't want to lose you." "I don't want to lose you either, but if I can't be healed it might be best for us both." "I'm not so sure about that." "And why is that, if I may ask?" "Because I'm pregnant, and the cub needs a father to look up to." "I understand. But the cub can't look up to me. I'm a mess. It won't be save for him to know his father. I'll be a bad influence for him." a tear streamed down Kion's face. "I'm so sorry Rani. I'm so sorry." "You have nothing to be sorry about." "Yes, there is. I'm sorry that I won't be there for our cub." after that he walked away. Rani shed a tear. "What are you going to do Kion?" "I'm going to apologise to Nirmala." "Good luck." "Thanks."