s e v e n t y - t h r e e

"TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO."

"The book said that a Hybrid Wolf has the power to summon the Wolf Guardian."

"Blayze is not in the condition to summon him."

"And he doesn't have to do the ritual."

I looked at Anna in confusion.

"A Werewolf who shares a strong bond with a Hybrid Wolf can summon Lykos for them. The book said that." Her brown eyes met mine. "You are his Soulmate... Aren't you?

I nodded.

"And the ritual?"

"Do you remember the ritual used to summon the Angel? It's no different to that. But... You summon both the Angel and the Wolf Guardian."

I reached behind me and took the dagger Liam had gave to me.

I took a breath, before I lowered myself to the ground, at the entrance of the cave.

I plunged the dagger into my hand.

"Guardian of the Wolves, come forth. Angel of the Full Moon, come forth." I winced in pain, as blood trickled from the wound. "Come forth, Guardian... Come forth, Angel..."

The blood on the ground began to form familiar words.

Et promissione tua.

I could feel the tears that were on my face.

If I had been asked, before the War, what promise I would make to the Angel, I would not have known. But, after I had known the destruction of the War, there was no doubt of what promise I would make.

"I, Weslyn Grayson... Promise to fulfill my duty as the Alpha of the Luna Pack." I closed my eyes. "I need your help to put an end to this War... And unite Brown Wolves and Gray Wolves, forever! Lykos, come forth. Luna, come forth. Please... Come forth! And help your children."

I sensed it before I could see it.

The Angel had appeared in response to my summoning.

"Please, Luna." I murmured to her. "Please."

"I'm here. Filia mea..." She pulled me into her arms. "I'm here."

I was trembling at her presence.

"It must have been painful for you, Weslyn."

I opened my eyes.

And that was when I noticed him.

There was a man who emerged from the forest. As he waited, there, I sensed that his power was not inferior to that of an Angel.

Only... He was not an Angel.

He was the Wolf Guardian.

And he had power, which as I had sensed, was not inferior to the woman hugging me.

As though she sensed his presence, Luna released me and turned towards the forest.

"Lykos."

The entire pack was silent, as they anticipated what was to happen, between them.

"You answered the summoning?"

The Angel Luna started to walk towards him.

"Yes... My Angel."

This was the man who had gave me the Alpha Marks. This was the man who had cursed the woman who had loved her. This was the man who had gave the Soulmate Curse to the Grayson Family.

I didn't know what I expected would happen. But... I was startled to see what did happen.

Her eyes turned red, as she grabbed him by the shirt.

"How could you?" she demanded. "You promised that you would be their guardian! You promised you would protect them from their fate! You promised that you would not allow for them to get hurt. Lykos, you promised! How could you?"

"I only have control over their fate, my Angel. And fate-"

"But, you promised, Lykos!"

"Forgive me, Angel."

There was silence.

She released him from her hold.

"You know that this War was not because of their fate... My Angel. So... I couldn't protect them. Forgive me."

She slapped him.

He let out a laugh. "Is this my welcome, after not seeing you for 500 years, my Angel?"

She did not look at him.

"You fool. It's all your fault," she murmured.

"I know it's all my fault."

He reached out to touch her face and to my surprise, she leant into his hand.

Wasn't this the man who cursed her?

As though she realised we were watching them, Luna pulled away from him and glanced at us.

"You told us you needed our help?"

As they approached the cave, the Wolf Guardian reached out to hold her hand.

But... Why was she affectionate with the man who cursed her?

"Yes." I replied. "I need your help to put an end to this War without death."

"We cannot bring back the those who have been killed, Alpha Grayson."

It was Lykos who spoke.

"You don't have to bring them back."

"Then?" He asked.

"The death, in this War, caused the destruction of the hope of the people. We cannot allow for the death of people, in this War, anymore."

"I can do that, filia mea."

"The Gray Wolves and the Brown Wolves?"

The Angel smiled at me. "I have the power to protect all my children."

"I am grateful."

"And how can I help?"

I stared at the Wolf Guardian who had asked the question.

"You want to help?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

He looked at me in confusion.

"You cursed Luna and all her children. So... Why do you want to help?"