- Family Now - YBN Cordae -

————

————

Y/N dialed her ex-boyfriend, Cordae's phone number and hoped that he would pick up the phone.

"Whatcha' need Y/N?" Cordae asked as soon as he picked up the phone.

"Cordae," Y/N winced in pain, "You need to get here. I think the baby is coming." She grabbed her large pregnancy belly with her left hand.

"Aight. I'm on my way." Cordae told her in a panicked voice. He hung up the phone, Y/N walked over to the couch to wait for her ex to show up.
Cordae and Y/N found out she was pregnant only a couple of months into their relationship. They tried to stay together for the baby, but it didn't work out. They broke up about halfway through the pregnancy. But, even though they weren't together Cordae was there for Y/N when needed.

Y/N waited for ten minutes before she heard the front door open and Cordae call her name through the hallways. "In here." She called out.

Cordae ran into the living room. He saw her on the couch and squatted down to her level at the end of the couch. "Are you sure she's coming?"

"It sure feels like it." Y/N winced from another contraction. "They're getting like five minutes apart."

"Alright. Where's the hospital bag?" Cordae asked as he looked around the room. He saw the baby pink bag sat next to her. "How long you have you been thinking you're in labor?"

"Like a hour." Y/N twiddled her thumbs. She knew he would get mad.

"Why ain't you call me?" Cordae scolded as he threw the bag over his shoulder. "I don't want to bother you." Y/N shrugged.

"Bother me." Cordae told Y/N as he helped her off the couch. "You're my baby momma. It's your job."

Y/N winced and grabbed Cordae's hand for stability. "Baby, it hurts." She surprised herself when she called him baby, they hadn't called each other that in months.

"Babe. Look at me," Cordae let go of her hands and grabbed her face gently, "We've made a lot of mistakes. But this baby ain't gonna be one of them. We're gonna do good by her. We're a family now."

"I love you." Tears started to form in Cordae's big eyes. When Y/N saw those tears she started to cry herself. "I love you too."

"Let's go have this baby." Cordae kissed his baby mother's forehead and lead her out the front door to go to the hospital.

————
word count : 423