Chapter 31

POV Betty

I smiled at Jughead as he grabbed my bag.

"Are you sure that you want to go back today?" he asked and I nodded. I was released from the hospital a few days ago. I still had crutches but I decided to go back to school.

"It's too boring here" I complained and he smirked.

"I could always just stay with you. I'm sure that we'd find something exciting to do" he whispered in my ear. I shivered and shook my head.

"You're hopeless" I exclaimed and he shrugged.

"Okay. If it's too much just call me and I'll come get you" Hermione reminded me as she and Mom hugged me good bye.  I rolled my eyes.

"I know. I'm good" I sighed as I hobbled out the door. Jughead tossed my bag to Sweet Pea who was waiting by the car with Veronica. Sweet Pea caught it and grinned as Jug picked me up and carried me the rest of the way.

"Juggie. I can do it" I whined but he just grinned.

"I know, baby. I just will use any excuse to hold you" he smirked and I glared.

After we got in the car, Sweet Pea in the driver seat, V in the passenger and Jug and I in the back, we pulled out, waving at Mom and Hermione. I leaned my head against the window and thought about how far we had come in the last few weeks after the 'incident' as Mom called it.

I had convinced everyone to forgive Archie. I knew that he hadn't meant for any of this to happen and while I still didn't really like him, I was at least cordial with him.

Cheryl had felt guilty for giving Archie my number those few times even though I and everyone else had repeatedly told her that it wasn't her fault. Thankfully, Toni finally convinced her after about a week and Cheryl forgave herself. She and Toni are taking things 'slow' but seem to be happy together.

Mom and Hermione got extremely protective for a bit but are starting to loosen up. They both seem to trust Sweet Pea and Jughead so at least there's that.

V and Sweet Pea are a roller coaster. Veronica just can't seem to make up her mind about that poor boy but he doesn't seem to mind too much.

Mac went back to New York a few days after the incident. He calls daily though, much to Jughead's displeasure and we are still close friends.

Kevin and Fangs are complete couple goals. They get along so well it's gross but in an adorable way.

FP, Mom and Hermione are now best friends. It's extremely weird but somehow works. Mom and Hermione hang with all the Serpents on a regular basis. Like I said, it's weird but hey, it could be worse.

I turned to smile at Jughead and he grinned back at me. He still annoyed the piss out of me and I still enraged him from time to time but we were learning. He knew when to stop pushing and I had let down some of my walls. We talked all the time and I trusted him, maybe not completely yet but I was getting there. Things were far from perfect and we argued but we were working together. It was scary and freeing at the same time.

He pulled me close and I snuggled into him as we watched the trees fly by, ready to face the future together.

Okay! That's it! I really hope that you enjoyed the book. I appreciate all the support that all of you have given me. Thanks!