19. Lynx

"Before I ask who Lynx is... I'd like to ask about the other six flowers." Vlad looked straight into the eyes of Eanred. His eyes full of determination.

Eanred frowned. "What will you do with the information?"

Seeing the frowning face, Vlad shrugged nonchalantly. "Just curious is all."

Eanred looks at Vlad's face, trying to see any hint of lies. When he didn't detect anything, he couldn't help but sigh, "The information is no use to you, but I guess... it should be fine. It's not as if you'd be able to find them or anything..."

Vlad smiled and nodded. His eyes sparkled. Truth to be told, there was a reason why he asked all of this questions. In the original storyline, there was times where the seven flowers were mentioned. One of those seven flowers caught Vlad's eye— except, he didn't remember which one or their uses. He could definitely use this chance to find out.

"As you already know, there are seven legendary flowers in total. One you already know, flower of Malvolia. The other six are Sephtis, Delphia, Oroitz, Ausra, Athach, and the last one.... I do not know."

"You don't know..."

Seeing the confusion upon Vlad's face, Eanred decided to explain. "As I've told you earlier, the books and information were lost about the seven flowers. Lynx.... he didn't tell me anything on the last power. I'll start from the very beginning."

————
{Years ago}

"You must find Malvolia."

Eanred looked at the back of his master. From the tone of his voice, he knew that there was no way to escape this. "Even if it's impossible?"

No one answered his question. His master had stayed silent as he turned his back on him. In the end, Eanred silently bowed and left the tower.

From cities to cities, kingdom to kingdom. He had searched everywhere, getting information from every source possible. Days went past, it turned to months, then years. Eanred almost gave up, until he stumbled upon a small deserted village in the kingdom of humans.

There he met a man. The most beautiful he had ever seen. His eyes were the colour of turquoise, almost golden. His skin as white like snow, his hair blond. The man had looked at him with a gentle smile. Not once had he seen the man without a smile.

Many times Eanred had the urge to die for the man, as if strange force had invited him to do so. The man never told him who he was, not even his name. Since day one Eanred met him, the man never revealed himself until one day.

"You wanted to find the Malvolia?"

Just as usual, Eanred nodded, getting a bit irritated. "How many times must I tell you?"

"What happens when you find the 'Chosen One'?"

"Ask to have the flower."

The man stopped. His smile disappeared for a second, before putting again his gentle smile. "What makes you so sure they will give you?"

Eanred gritted his teeth. "I'll do anything to get it! What's it to you anyway?"

"Because I'm one of the 'Chosen One'. My name is Lynx, the master of Malvolia. What will you do now?"