24

"Wow...this is...a lot..."

With Maki still in your arms you look at the endless laundry piled up around the laundry basket, a deep breath escaping into the room.

"Well, guess we should get started then."

You connect your phone to the Bluetooth speakers in the living room as you strap the baby carrier to your chest and slip Maki into it, her eyes looking up at you in surprise.

"Now we can get some stuff done little Miss Maki."

You turn on some light music and start the brand new washer in the very back of the apartment as you gape at the expensive equipment, Maki's expression as shocked as yours.

"Woah...your Appa has some nice stuff..."

"Pa!"

"Right? I bet your Appa is gonna be so happy when he gets home and sees all this laundry done."

You quickly throw the laundry into the washer along with the soap and walk back out into the living room and into the kitchen, your hands tugging out all the fresh ingredients you bought at the market.

"I saw this in a cartoon and wanted to make it. It's called ratatouille!"

Maki hangs against your chest and sucks on her binky while you wash your hands and begin cutting the ingredients, your chest suddenly tugging with a light pain.

I wish I could have done this with Ryun...if he would have just given me a chance...I can cook well...

Although I would still be wearing pencil skirts.

Gross.

"Maki, if any man tries to get you to wear a pencil skirt, always say no."

"Mmmm."

"Mmmm is right, always no."

After you've cut all the ingredients perfectly you wash your hands again and start stacking them into the casserole dish while you beam with happiness at your achievement; your dish mimicking the same look as the cartoon.

"See, this is a great moment for us Maki. Your Appa isn't going to live on just mashed potatoes."

"Pa."

"Exactly. Oh! That reminds me, are you ready for lunch? I think there's some of your food leftover from yesterday."

Maki kicks her feet and huffs out tiny breaths as you look in the fridge and furrow your eyebrows, a small stifled laugh out escaping your lips.

"Maki...I think your Appa ate your baby food."

He seriously ate the baby food...

Was it really that good?

"Alright then...we will...make you some more of it..this time I'll make sure to leave a note."

I wonder if he likes my notes..

Maybe they annoy him...Ryun always hated it when I left notes, he said I was suffocating him.

Rolling your eyes you pull out more of the ham baby food and the mashed potatoes, Mali's hand vigorously hitting the carrier.

"Someone excited?"

"Mmmm!"

She's so cute.

"Alright alright! I'll hurry I'll hurry!"

Someone actually appreciates my cooking...

Even if it is a seven month old baby.

................

(Yoongi's POV)

"Oh! Hyung what's that?"

Yoongi looks over at Jungkook covered in sweat standing in the doorway of his studio as he puts down the potato cake he's eating while giving the younger male a smile.

"Y/N made potato cakes last night for me so I brought them today."

"Can I have one?"

"No."

"Oh come on Hyung I'm hungry! I haven't eaten anything in five hours!"

"Y/N made these for me."

"What is she your wife or something?"

"Get our Jungkook."

Yoongi shoots the younger a glare as Jungkook pouts and huffs, his arms crossing in front of him.

"Hyung you're mean."

"She isn't my wife. Fine if you want one then take one."

Jungkook looks at the older make sheepishly before creeping forward and plucking one off the plate, his teeth immediately sinking into the warm bun.

"Woah...this is the best ever! That lady made them?!"

"She's older than you Jungkook so you call her Noona. Be respectful."

"Gosh...I need to ask that Noona if she'll make me some of these..."

"Y/N doesn't have a lot of money, don't stress her out to make stuff like that."

"Okay Hyung....so then will you give her money so she can make me some?"

"You're ridiculous."

"Oh come on! You have to be paying her well to take care of Maki! I bet she has the money!"

"Jungkook seriously."

"Alright fine I'll stop...but when she makes these next time you need to give me some of these."

"Fine. As long as you don't ask her to make them."

"You know...you've only known her for like a week and yet you're being really protective of her..."

"I just don't want her to be so stressed out that she can't take care of Maki. She is my first priority so Y/N has to be in top shape to be able to take care of her."

"Hyung someday we should go over there after you get off work! I miss Maki I haven't seen her in a while."

"Maybe when I have a day off."

"Hyung you never have a day off anymore."

Yoongi lightly winces at Jungkook's words while turning his attention back to his computer, his hand swiping the potato cake out of Jungkook's hand.

"Hey! Hyung!"

"No more for you if you're going to be mean."

Jungkook snickers and quickly swipes another one from the pile of cakes before taking off out the door at lightning speed, his tone mocking when he sticks his head in the door.

"If I were to make a guess, I would say you think the Noona is preeetttttyyyyyyyyyy."

"I do not! Get out!"

Jungkook smiles wide and dodges the throw pillow thrown at him in the office as Yoongi sighs, his mood now sour as he rakes his hand through his hair.

First Jimin and now Jungkook?

What part of any of that made them think that?

It's my food so what if I don't want to share it?

Ugh.

Whatever.

These aren't even that good anyway....

(A/N): 🤭