•9•

Last class of the day, I'm still flustered from what happened with Haz earlier. We keep glancing at each other in the middle of class and it's become a game now. We can't look at the same time, but every time we do we refuse to break the eye contact.
The bell rings and I start packing up my bag.
Baylee makes her way over to my desk and gets very intrusive on my personal space.
"What's going on between you and Haz?" She asks.
"What do you mean?" I play dumb.
"You two left lunch for fifteen minuets then the entire class was just spent making googley eyes at each other" she says.
Although I really like Baylee and think we're going to be good friends, I just met her and don't know if I can trust her yet.
"I promise nothing is going on" I laugh.
"Alright.. fine" she huffs.
"I'm headed to get food, you in?" Haz asks.
"I actually have a session with Tom" I say and he frowns.
"Oh okay..I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yeah, bye guys" I smile before leaving.
___
"Good ten more reps" Tom says.
As I do my reps he gives me a smile and walks closer.
"What you did today was cool. You're a really strong girl Elle" he says and honestly it made me feel so good. Yeah Haz calling me hot after that was great, but being called strong was a real compliment.
"Thanks Tom" I smile.

Wednesday comes quickly and we get out of school early for the shoot.
"Oh this beautiful hair, I'm obsessed" the hair stylist says as he does my hair.
"Thanks" I smile.
Haz walks in, wearing the clothes that the designers want us to model, it's a sheer white button up, and black dress pants. He looks really good in it and I can see his abs through the shirt. I quickly avert my gaze but it didn't go unnoticed by him.
"And what will I be modeling?" I ask.
"We have a couple, the first one is this piece" the man holds up a black lace corset style top with basically lace underwear.
"So he's fully dressed and I'm practically in lingerie?" I ask.
"Oh no these are shorts" the man says.
"I'm sorry I don't care how much money you pay me, I'm not wearing that" I shake my head.
"Um- let me go talk with the crew real quick" he hurried out of the room and Haz walks over to me.
"You okay?" He asks.
"I mean, I don't get why my mom would think I'd be okay with being practically naked on a website" I say.
"Okay boss really wants you, so he's changing the outfits.
They switch us over to modeling formal wear, and I feel much more comfortable. Yeah my ass is still practically hanging out but at least I won't be so sexualized.
"Wonderful, you two work so well together" the photographer says.
"I can't believe you managed to get Elenor Saltzman" another man says.
The way some of the other men were looking at me made me mad. If I wasn't 18 I'd call the cops on them.
"Why don't you try sucking your stomach in a bit" one of the men say, watching the screen where my photos pop up.
"Excuse me?" I say.
Did they seriously just ask me to suck in?
"Oh no, we've got a diva" someone mutters.
"I'm done" I say, holding my hand up over my face letting them know I won't take anymore pictures.
"No no no we can't loose you please Elenor" the assistant begs. "You two? Fired. Now" he says and the two men making the comments shut right up. "Out. Now!"
They quickly leave the room and the assistant turns back to me.
"I apologize, I expect so much more out of our team than that, you look fabulous and I'd love if we could continue" he says.
"Fine. Do not let it happen again." I say.
We finish the shoot and sit, taking off all the makeup they put on us.
"You're really telling people off today huh?" He laughs.
"Well when people stop pissing me off then I'll get to calm down" I say.
"Was it like this is New York?" He asks.
"In New York I went to a private school where I was known since I was eight, everyone was friends, and in the industry I was at the top, everyone wanted to work with me." I explain.
"But I thought you moved here for work?"
"I did, fashion week, and after that I'll get a ton of jobs. Until then though this is what I'll have to deal with. They're much harder on girls than on boys" I say.
"I see that.. how about we go out to dinner tonight? Relax?" He offers.
"I would but I'm meeting with Tom" I say.
"Again?" He asks as if it's an inconvenience to him.
"Yes. He's my trainer after all." I finish cleaning myself up and grab my bag.
"Oh okay.. well maybe I'll come too?" He questions.
"You work out? I've never seen you at the gym." I say.
"Yes I work out!" He says almost offended. "I'll drive us"
He goes to change and I pull out my phone.
Elle: does Haz work out?
I impatiently wait for an answer.
Tom: hahaha no. He did for a bit, hasn't in a while. Odd question?
So Haz is being weird about me hanging out with Tom now? This whole kissing game has been fun, he's fun, but he doesn't need to be getting possessive over me. We're not together and honestly? He doesn't really seem like boyfriend material, at least not for me.
I just thought we were having fun.
"Alright you ready?" He asks.
"Actually I'm feeling crappy, I don't really want to go work out. I think I'm going to go home and nap. Text you later?" I say.
"Yeah of course, see ya later doll" he kisses my cheek before walking away.
Oh no. He kissed my cheek. He's getting too soft with me.
I get in my car and turn off my snap map location so Haz can't see where I'm going. I drive to the gym and call Tom.
"Hello?" He answers.
"Thomas. Car. Now. We're not doing a session today" I say.
"What? Elle you can't just skip a session" he says.
"Tom. Please just come out to the car."