Bock

Clary, now four months pregnant, bent down to pick up Bock, their new chicken.

Jace rushed to help her, "Here, let me-"

"Jace," Clary said, in annoyance. "I'm not incapable of movement."

"But-"

Clary sighed, petting Bock's soft feathers. "Bock" wasn't very creative, she knew, but when Jace had suggested "Jace is Hot", she wasn't left with many options.

Though Bock was an eccentric yet adorable Isa Brown, her red feathers reminded Clary of her own hair, especially in the sunlight. Jace had come to like Bock very much, though Clary suspected it was because he was the only person Bock hadn't decided to have a sudden and rather problematic bout of diarrhea on. She smiled, remembering Magnus' face when his glittery overcoat had been turned into a toilet.

"I'll clean her water," Jace said, picking up the green, white and oddly shaped water dispenser.

"You're so cute," Clary said to the chicken in her arms with a smile.

Bock bocked in satisfaction.

~~~~

Church hissed at Clary and Jace when they entered the institute. He had been banned from all outdoors areas, a result of Bock. He was very jealous, to say the least.

Jace smelled something- something nice. He let his nose lead him to the kitchen, where Alec was cooking cupcakes, Magnus staring at him with a mix of adoration and bafflement on how this task was accomplished.

He leaned over Alec's shoulder, taking a glob of cakemix on his finger. "Next thing you know, he'll make a pie," He said happily.

"I already did," Alec said, looking somewhat excited. "For you. It's in the fridge."

Jace smiled, pulling open the fridge.
Magnus snickered, whispering something to Alec, who laughed.

"What- What is this?" Jace asked. He almost sounded distressed. "I think you got them mixed up. Surely this is Simon's one."

Clary looked over Jace's shoulder to a pie with- words.

Clary laughed, and Jace attempted to shove the pie that read: Jace is an ass, onto Alec's face, stopped midway by Magnus' magic.

Clary kissed him on the cheek. "I'm going to have a nap. Enjoy your pie,"

Jace watched Clary go, then turned to Alec and Magnus, who were laughing their asses off.

"What is this injustice?!" He cried.

~~~~

Simon carefully tucked the toy duck under Jace's pillow, a surprise for later.

He tiptoed out silently, and Clary seemed to smile in her sleep.

He set up his recording device just outside Jace and Clary's room, relishing the picture of Jace when he found the duck his imagination gave him.

~~~~

Jace changed quickly and quietly, so as not to disturb the sleeping Clary. He had decided to go to bed early today, plotting his revenge on Alec.

He kissed her cheek, gently brushing away a few stray strands of hair in her face.

Sitting down on the bed, he felt something under his pillow. A present, maybe?

He lifted his pillow, revealing the evil, if stuffed and immobile, creature- a duck!

Jace screamed.