Chapter 15: Scream

"Are you sure you can do this?" Kurenai asked in a skeptical manner, her hand was resting on Naruto's shoulder, standing on his right with Anko on his left, her hand resting on top of his blonde hair. 

"Positive." He whispered as his closed eyes tightened, the boat they were on rocking slightly. "There's land several miles north. I can make it most of the way, probably nine-tenths of the way, but if I do any more I'll pass out." 

"Flash Step that far?" Anko whispered, whistling lowly, impressed. "Go on then goldilocks." Naruto didn't say anything but chakra swirled across his body, the blue chakra going around his body like a tornado before his bright blue eyes opened and the trio of shinobi, as well as the boat, teleported. 

The appeared just a few feet away from the shore, Naruto panting slightly as beads of sweat formed on his brow. 

"This is a lot closer than you said. . ." Kurenai stated, looking at the child amazed.

"Guess I underestimated the distance, oh well." He popped up, shrugging off their hands as he walked onto the water, wiping his blue sleeve across his forehead. "Let's get going, the air is thick with chakra, probably what made me mess up." 

"You can feel the chakra?" Anko asked curiously, causing Naruto to nod.

"I blame my tenant. He makes my senses like hearing and smelling better." Kurenai's eyebrows shot up.

"He? How do you know that the Kyuubi is a male?" Naruto looked away, his grin all but gone.

"His voice." Was all he answered. 

Flashback

"You killed those Genin back in the 2nd Exam," Naruto whispered, no longer smiling, but he was frowning, his chakra swirling violently around him as the red chakra around his disembodied hand became more intense. "You killed Kaneki's team! You killed the team from Kumo!" 

"Kill them all. Release all of your negative emotions just this once and tear them limb from limb!" Kyuubi shouted into Naruto's mind, thrashing against the impenetrable metal bars that made up the seal. 

Flashback End

"It keeps getting thicker," Naruto whispered before his grin spread further upon his face. "That's what she said." 

"Oh?" Was all Anko could say in surprise while Kurenai shook her head in disapproval.

"Inappropriate and degrading, then again, what did I expect from a child?" Naruto's grin stayed as if it were glued. 

"This child could totally kick your booty BUT I DON'T LIKE VIOLENCE!" He shouted at the top of his lungs before jumping into the air, several kunai hitting the place where he had been sitting, Kurenai's red eyes glaring angrily at Naruto while Anko snickered. 

"Holy shit this kid is awesome." She breathed.

Kurenai's eyes rolled. "You're supposed to be on my side!" 

"I'll have you know I'm almost a teenager. . .in one year and three months." Anko continued to laugh, holding her sides. 

"Jeez, I keep forgetting I'm six years older than you," Anko said as he wiped the tear away from her eyes.   

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever," Naruto said as he hopped off the branch elegantly, his small limbs landing perfectly in sync as he took a deep breath. "This is a lot of pressure, the chakra is almost as strong as. . ." He trailed off.