6- Life is a ball

It's finally the weekend and the day of the charity ball. I spent my whole day going to a hair salon, nail salon and makeup artist. My brown locks were curled up into a bun with a little tiara on top. My makeup was a red smokey eye that went with my dress and I had white nails to give my look a pop.

"Do you mind zipping this up for me cuz?" Kaia asks, reaching over her shoulder to try to reach the gold zipper. I zip it up and brush out the wrinkles.

"You look nice Kai!" I hand her a green Prada clutch to match her dress.

"Thanks but you're beyond pretty!" She smiles while I shake my head laughing.

We walk down stairs to see Asher in a brown suit, my dad in a black tux and my mom in a pretty blue gown that makes her ocean eyes pop.

"Oh honey you look so beautiful! Kaia you look good too!" My mom, Kaia and I squeal while having girly talk.

Dad rolls his eyes. "Jeez Vera! Your going to pop my eardrum!" Dad teases my mom but kisses her shoulder.

The door bell rings and I run as fast as I can in heels. I open and let out another girly squeal. My uncles Riki, Charlie, Teddy all stand at the door with their wives. And my little cousin Lex stand at the door in a yellow fairy dress. She holds Uncle Teddy's hand while tugging on her mom's hand.

"Hey Harley. You look gorgeous!" Auntie Nadia kisses my cheek while walking over to my mom. I greet them individually and soon it's time to head over to Mr. and Mrs. King's mansion.

I ring the door bell and already hear live orchestra music play. The door is answered by guess who..?

Ace!

His pistachio green eyes widen at me. He looks me up and down than his eyes drift over to my family. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Valentine, thank you for coming!"

I walk in and my family goes straight to the food while I turn to Ace.

"Ace." I acknowledge him. He clears his throat, "Harlow you look......Pretty!" His cheeks turn a faint color of pink which causes me to blush. I hope the makeup covers my red cheeks.

"Thanks!" I look down avoiding his pretty eyes. I swear every time I look at him, I feel my soul slowly drift away!

The door bell rings thankfully cutting our awkward interaction short. I walk over to the donation box and drop in a check for $90,000. The charity goes to kids who have cancer and can't afford treatment. A little of the money also goes to research.

I walk to the food table and see a variety of different foods. Wines, cocktails and liquor sit on one table. Caviar, shrimp, Crab, lobster, saffron and Oysters sit in the middle table. Last but surly not least the dessert table. It's filled with pie, chocolates, chocolate covered fruit and a eight layered cake.

I take a chocolate covered cherry and pop it in my mouth. I hear a husky laugh behind me. Ace stands in his black tux and tie. "Be careful Princess, you don't want to pop a cherry." He winks making the temperature rise a whole ass fifty degrees. I look away hoping he doesn't see me blush.

"Aww is Harley embarrassed?" He trails his finger down my arm leaving goosebumps.

"N-no." I clear my raspy throat. "Maybe my cherry is already popped!" I say without thinking. Where the hell did that come from!?

Frick!

Ace let's out a booming laugh. "Oh sweetheart, I know a virgin when I see one!" I stand there in shock. The fuck that's supposed to mean?

Is it that obvious? It doesn't matter though! I'm saving my virginity for someone who is special to me.

Remember kids Virginity Rocks!