Chapter 23

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Cassy, that kiss was-" Once Warren was gone, Peter finally spoke up, a grin across his face, taking my hand in his.

"No, Peter" I said and wrenched my hand out of his grip "That kiss was wrong and you know it" I took a deep breath, "What happened to you? Ever since Warren came you've been a completely different person. A person that I don't want to be around anymore. Warren was never the problem, it was always you. You could never be happy for me that I finally found someone who understands me. All you care about is the fact that I didn't choose you. At this point, everything is ruined, so why don't you do us both a favor and just leave me alone!" I had no idea where that sudden burst of anger came from, but by the end of my rant, I was yelling

Peter just stood there with his mouth agape. I could tell that he was definitely not expecting that. To be quite honest, I don't know what he was expecting would happen after he tried to kiss me.

After a few minutes of us just standing there in silence, I knew that Peter wasn't going to apologize. I couldn't just waste my time standing there, regretting the fact that I had just yelled at my best friend. I needed to calm down before I did anything else to make the situation worse.

"I'm leaving," I said and headed towards the door "Please, just...don't follow me"

Without another word I slammed my bedroom door, heading nowhere in particular. The only thing going through my head in that moment was that I had managed to destroy my relationship with both Peter and Warren in only two days.

____________________________________________

After wandering the X-mansion aimlessly, I finally decided to head up to the roof. I could really use Uncle X's advice right now, but I knew that even he couldn't fix my problems. I created this mess, so now I have to deal with the consequences.

The sun had almost completely set and I was hoping to maybe watch the sky before heading back to my room. I could already tell that it was going to be another sleepless night, but that didn't mean I dreaded it any less. I managed to reach the roof right as the last bit of light was starting to fade. It was almost completely dark and the clouds were blocking the majority of the moon's light. Despite the darkness, as soon as I opened the door, I was met with what looked like a silhouette of wings flapping in the distance. I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me until I saw the sharp gleam of metal reflect in the light.

Warren.

Part of me knew it was him. I had no idea where he was going, all I knew was that I had to get him to come back, even if he didn't want to be with me anymore...I just had to tell him I love him.

I quickly sprinted towards the edge of the roof and jumped onto the ledge.

"Warren!" I yelled in hopes that he would hear me over the wind "Warren, please come back!"

"Don't leave" I whispered as the last bit of light disappeared and I was left in complete darkness

I turned around finally accepting the fact I had lost Warren forever. I was about to step off the ledge and head back inside when a huge gust of wind blew around me, taking me by surprise.

The wind caused me to stumble back a bit. Before I could catch myself, my foot slipped off the edge and I felt myself falling backwards. I took in a deep breath and shut my eyes tightly as I braced myself for the impact with the ground. The air completely left my lungs and I couldn't even scream.

All of a sudden I felt strong arms wrap around me and pull me back onto the roof. I saw Warren's blond hair and felt the flapping of his wings, bringing us safely back to the rooftop. I couldn't believe he had saved me from falling. I would have died if it wasn't for him.