Chapter 1

"Two words," My best friend Lexi said with a grin, suddenly appearing.

"Okay..." I trailed off, pushing my glasses back up as I continued to scribble down on my notebook for my homework.

"I'm hungry!" She screamed in my ears, making me wince. She let her backpack fall from her shoulder to the chair and sat down.

"Aren't you always?" I teased. She wiggled her eyebrows and ran a hand through her short messy blonde hair.

Lexi was beautiful. Her eyes were hazel, which I envy sometimes. I have boring blue eyes that I kinda don't like. Don't get me wrong I'm blessed to have blue eyes but I think dark eyes are more appealing than light ones. I had light brown straight hair that reached my breasts. I've always thought about cutting it short, but I never tried it. I'm not ready for it yet.

"What are you writing?" She asked, craning her neck to see what I'm writing.

I lifted the notebook up to her face with a bored expression. "Mr. Pitts wanted us to make a poem,"

"Huh," She took the notebook from my hands to get a better view of it. "I'm guessing this is about your non-existent love life?"

I grabbed the notebook back and whacked her shoulder with it. "Just because you have a girlfriend, doesn't mean I have to be in a relationship too, dumbass," I rolled my eyes.

She laughed. "Then what is it about?" She took it back and continued to read my unfinished poem.

"Its about a girl who's lonely and wanting to be found. In the end, she was found by... love," I realized that it maybe was about my non-existent love life. I pouted at the late realization.

Lexi chuckled at my pouty face, tapping my notebook on my head. "Don't worry, Amber. You'll find a boyfriend soon."

"Or a girlfriend," A voice from behind us snorted. I closed my eyes and let out a groan. These two lovebirds just love to tease me about being gay. When in fact, I'm not. And I keep telling them that.

"You two will be the death of me," I gritted my teeth.

"Hey, babe," Kayla kissed Lexi on her cheek and sat beside her. "What are you doing there, Ambs?"

"She's making a poem about love," Lexi answered for me as I kept writing and thinking for my poem.

"Love? You don't even know anything about it," Kayla snickered.

I chuckled at her reply. It's true though. I may have been in a relationship once, but that doesn't mean that I know anything about love. Me and my ex-boyfriend only lasted for 5 months. We broke up after he came out as gay.

"Your life must be lonely. How sad," I glared at Lexi who's laughing along with Kayla.

I closed my notebook, making a loud clap. "Why am I even friends with you two?"

They both turned their gaze to each other, went back to me and they shrugged. "We don't know why we're friends with you," both of them laughed as I face-palmed myself.

"By the way, there's a party later tonight at 9 pm," Kayla said, taking a bite of her sandwich.

Lexi slammed her palms on the table, looking hyped as she heard the word 'party'. "Time to get drunk, bitches!"

"It's your turn now!" I snapped to Kayla.

Okay, whenever there's a party, we always go. Not that I have or want to, but Lexi loves to drink. And sometimes she gets drunk. As the supportive best friend I am and the supportive loving girlfriend Kayla is, we always go too.