10.

1 month later
Home Springs Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Center

Josiah

"Do you know why you're here, Josiah?" The middle-aged white woman spoke to me, sitting right across from me at this small round table.

"Yeah." I mumbled, sitting back in my chair, looking her up and down.

"Why are you here?" She challenged, clasping her hands together.

"I have IED and I hurt people when I'm angry including the people I love." I admitted, biting my lip while she nodded her head.

"Who are some of the people you may have hurt because of your illness?" She leaned in, placing her hand against her chin.

"My mama." I sighed heavily, my mind drifting off to my moms.

"My mama because she has to see to me like that and I know it hurts for her to see her youngest son have to go through it like this."

"I know she just wants the best for me and I can't even give her that piece of mind." I shrugged and she nodded, taking notes.

"Do you feel your mother loves you unconditionally?

"Of course."

"Despite your mental illness?" She went on and I paused.

"I mean.."

"I know it's not easy for her to deal with seeing me fucked up."

"How does that make you feel?"

"It makes me want to change." I shrugged, looking down.

"Okay." She nodded, jotting more things down.

"Who else do you feel you've hurt?"

"The love of my life.." My mind drifted off to Montana. Damn did I miss her.

"Montana." I spoke her name out loud for the first time in a month. My heart yearned for my woman to be back in my embrace.

"Her name's Montana?" She asked me and I nodded.

"How so?"

"I hurt her because just like my mom, she just wants the best for me and I can't even give her that."

"When I get mad, I can't control myself and it makes me do crazy shit. And she let me slide before because I promised to never do it again."

"I promised her." I shook my head, drifting off.

"How did you hurt her?" She went on to ask, bringing me back to reality.

"Long story."

"Well that's what this therapy session is for. I'm all ears." She smiled, making me cut my eye at her.

"Well she lied to me about something important and I reacted before I could think."

"Can you tell me what she lied about?"

"No." I spoke sternly and she nodded.

"Alright. Then how did you react?"

"I threatened to kill her and I called her out her name." I admitted, feeling like shit once the words left my mouth.

"Then I made her think that I was gon' shoot her. I put a gun to her head and she cried for me to stop." I closed my eyes, reminiscing.

"And I knew that I should've stopped. This me wanted to." I explained, pointing to myself.