•27•

Can she really believe?

Or was she simply hopeful for a positive outcome when reality was far away?

He, Lucien, was undeniably not a simple wolf.
She knew so little about him. Just recently, he knew little of her... but now...

She had nothing to hide. It was refreshing, but ultimately frightening.
It was convenient to allow herself to slip away from responsibility, and childishly covet innocence where she could find it.
Through her garden, her own grandmother that foolishly indulged, or elsewhere.

No one had ever said they'd fix it though. No one ever said they'd go after and seek vengeance.

Being outraged by such lack of support for Maia would be admitting such dark and tainted thoughts truly swirled through her head.

They did.

She truly wanted revenge.
Could she admit such without being hated? Losing the small support and indulgence she has?

Unlike her- Bambi doesn't seek vengeance- she merely wants closure and justice.
Yet she... wishes she could rip the filthy monsters to shreds with her own canines. To soak her fur in blood and allow her animal out.
She wants destruction.

Maia stared into Lucien's deeply profound gaze. He was determined, aggressive, and entirely seductive.
He was like a Prince rescuing her from her own self imprisoned tower... yet also like the dragon which guarded her.
He was ruggedly handsome, and his face sported dark stubble.
He appeared exaggeratedly beautiful, masculine yet gorgeous in all levels.
It is good he is a Lycan, else, what would happen to him if he was born a human?

He'd be kidnapped. Maybe turned into living art.

His lips quirked up, and Maia realized he was softly chuckling.

"What?" Maia huffed, oddly relaxed even though her mark aches from the earlier loving abuse.

"You just look adorable, so lost in thought" Lucien murmured gently, smoothing down a few loose strands of hair from her face.
He kept marveling at how soft this young she wolf was.
Most she wolves grew up as rowdy as their male counter parts- but Maia seemed the exception.

His wolf was itching at the bond they shared.

Maia pouted, but it was turned into a smile when Lucien pecked her lips with his own.
"Shall we run? Let our beasts interact?" He mumbled, only pulling away enough to allow room for him to speak.
Maia melted into him, allowing those muscle roped arms to encircle her in a protective embrace of coconut and pineapple scented heaven.

"Okay" she mumbled softly.
It had been a while since she last ran. She'd been locked up with Lucien since her marking, while he did pack work and cared for her, he'd stayed locked up as well.

That was how they ended up in the surrounding forests of the pack lands, and Maia was shyly stripping while Lucien acted like it was a Calvin Klein photoshoot!
Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment, but she stared openly with fondness at his tanned skin. He was pure hardened muscle, not bulky, but well proportioned and cut like a knife.

She briefly thought if he wasn't so large, he'd make an excellent assassin. He moved with grace not seen on someone so big.

She noticed a few scars, and her mouth went a bit dry.

Should she be attracted? Was it bad if she was?

She wanted to touch. Badly.

"Keep looking at me like that baby, and I'll bend you over and fuck you here" Maia flushed, nearly choking in embarrassment at his vulgarity yet shy to admit she was turned on by such.
Lucien chuckled at her, finally pulling off his boxers.

He was nude now- and sporting a very erect and hard new member of the party.
Maia wasn't ready, and caught full sight of such absurdity.

That wasn't what she expected! She shouldn't be surprised though? If the rest of him is big, why shouldn't this area?
Yet. His confidence and teasing gaze made it difficult to meet him head on with such sexual provocatives.

Lucien's head tilted back, and inhaled a nearly sickly sweet scent that had his canines extending and his hands twitching.
His dark gaze landed on Maia, who refused eye contact, looking quite interested at the ground while she fidgeted.

"I can smell your arousal baby. Want me to take care of that?" His voice dropped an octave, becoming huskier and more appealing to his clearly flustered little mate.
She jumped a bit, flickering a glance at him before awkwardly twisting her fingers.
"I-I thought we were gonna run...?"
She seemed nearly coquettish.
Truly a sin.

Lucien growled lowly, but smirked the next second.

"Alright, shift little mate" yet even as the words left his lips, his bones popped, cracked, and the transformation began.

Maia always found the sounds repulsive, but allowed her wolf to the forefront of her mind.
She felt the change.
Her vision heightened, her hearing increased, her bones painfully snapped before healing.
Her skin tingled, then burned, as if a thousand needles were piercing her.
She let out a small scream, but a howl emerged as her face elongated.

It was a mere matter of seconds, and Maia soon stood a little shorter than her human form, on four legs now.
Her ears twitched as her nose picked up her mate.

If he was glorious as a human, then he transcended as a wolf.

Now she saw the difference. Why Lycans were revered and feared.
He was enormous. Even taller than he stood as a human- she looked like a pup- next to the pitch black monstrosity.

Hello little wolf

A teasing note could be heard through the link between them, thrumming with power in her soul as she stared adoringly up.
This was her mate.
It was instinctual, but seeing such a powerful and commanding form, she automatically lowered her head and rolled to her back.
Her soft lower belly exposed.

Lucien and his beast were pleased by such an adorable submission- though it was more playful and seducing than simple submission before an Alpha.
His mate was small, but a healthy glossy coat of soft brown fur, and a wet nose, let him know she was in full health.
She seemed nearly hyper, wagging her tail and releasing a few yips at him.

He playfully growled, stalking closer, and giving a few pleased licks to her abdomen.
He couldn't help but become engrossed though, as a new instinct overtook him.

To scent her. Even though she wore his claim, her fur would hold his scent much more strongly.
He began happily grooming the wiggling female below him, who every now and then, gave a huff of frustration. She wanted to play. He wanted to scent.

She'd need to wait-

A sharp but not painful, bite took Lucien out of his delirium of soaking his mate with his salvia.
A low growl had Maia whimpering a bit, but he calmed when she gave a few licks of her own.
Lucien let her up, as she was upright again and yipping with cheer and playful enthusiasm.

She gave a few barks before shooting off, and Lucien gave her a moment before his own beast released a howl.

The chase was on.