||34.

This chapter is dedicated to Adurakoya_Dorcas For being the first to comment on last chapter.

Enjoy.

                                  • • •

                       ||Eno's POV||

I stared at the students that were putting on the same colour of sport ware as I was. Right in their mist, were; Emem, Sofia and Shade. Standing to address the students, were Osas and I.

Osas was so stubborn to let me address the students all by myself. It was an irony that we found ourselves in the same house.

I mean, I was the sport prefect. I'm supposed to lead and tell my housemates what to do. But no, Osas was trying to make me look like a fool in front of my fellow students. Looking at my housemates, I tried ignoring Osas.

"The inter house sport, is in a week's time and we are required to bring our A-game. Our main targets, are the Blue and Green house. And do you know why?" I waited for their reply.

Using the corner of my eyes, I could sight Osas foaming with anger and that gave me joy.

I decided to go on with my speech. "That's because they are tough in these aspects. The Blue house, got Felix; whom happens to be the captain of the track team, Dafe; the captain of the basketball's team and Saviour, the captain of the swim team." Everyone began to murmur. I couldn't blame them, cause even I could understand their nervousness. The inter house sport, was a big deal at our school.

"For the Blue house, we need to watch out for the following sports. The basketball, Running and swimming. I hope y'all following?" They all nodded.

"Are you done acting like you're important?" Osas fired at me.

With stunned eyes and knitted brows, I whipped my head to look at Osas.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I gave her a questionable gaze.

"It means, you're not the leader. Simple and short." Osas pointed out in a very rude way.

"Excuse you," I placed both hands on my waist. "I'm the sport prefect who happens to be in this house. That automatically makes me the leader."

"No one elected you to be the leader," Osas fired. "Dafe is the sport prefect, but he's not the leader of the Blue house. So Eno, you ain't the leader of the Red!"

"And you are?" I asked angrily. "No one appointed you to be__"

"Enough!" I turned to look at Emem. "Eno, just let her be." Emem diverted her attention to Osas. "You want to speak right? The floor's all yours. You can speak."

I kept quiet against my own will, just cause we needed peace. I stepped aside and watched Osas as she opened her mouth to speak.

"We all need to prepare for the inter house sport," She began.

Like they don't know that.

"So we are going to train like there's no tomorrow." That made me to roll my eyes. And when we thought she had more to say, Osas stood there like a statue. "You're all dismissed."

"No, they are not." I quickly stepped in. "We've still got a lot to talk about. So be a sweetheart and stop acting like the leader, when you've got none of the qualities."

I turned my attention to everyone. "As I was saying, we need to focus on the sports mentioned earlier, if we actually want to defeat the Blue team. And as for the Green team, they aren't that good. But they've got a sport they are actually good at, which is the football."