Arc 3.14

Shi Shen and the professor arrived at the palace not long after and the two of them were then led by the lady-in-charge to the King's study.

Upon entering, Shi Shen slightly narrowed his eyes as he meaningfully glanced at an old man who dressed in an extravagant attire while sitting behind the table.

He was none other than Alex Fowl, the current King.

Even before coming in close proximity, the King has already laid his eyes on them but for some reason, Shi Shen felt that the King was actually looking at him.

Soon after, the professor and Shi Shen respectfully bowed toward the man as a gesture of greeting.

The King gave a slight smile then pardoned them with a wave of his right hand.

"I heard that you have made a breakthrough in finding the epidemic cure?"

The professor's eyes instantly lit up as he excitedly replied,"Yes, Your Majesty! We have already developed a prototype and the result is miraculous with no side effect!"

Once the King heard this he eventually revealed a satisfied expression then as if unintentionally, he mentioned,"I heard that there is someone who made a huge contribution toward this result?"

The professor heard this and didn't hide anything, he hurriedly said,"That's right! In fact, that person is here right beside me!"

Only at this did the King finally fixed his eyes on the handsome young man who has been staying silent for all this time.

"You look too young so I didn't think that you are capable of this amazing feat."

Shi Shen revealed a humble smile,"All I did was assist the professor, the result was what made possible by the rest of the team."

The King chuckled then further added,"I heard that you are actually the top student in Swordsman Department?"

Shi Shen internally raised his brows but nonetheless, he decided to play along for now.

"Indeed I am."

Alex heartily laughed then continued,"It is rare for someone to be on par with Artemis.’’He paused a bit then jokingly said,’’Are you perhaps a mix-race?’’

If others were to hear this, they would simply think that it was a joke but to Shi Shen, his words had an entirely different meaning.

Artemis was indeed strong but one shouldn’t assume that he was the strongest in this world so having another person to be his equal would only be shocking news.

However, the King actually jumped into the conclusion that he was probably a mix-race….

Unless he knew that it was impossible for him a mere human to have the same strength as Artemis.

Meaning……Artemis was actually a mix-race all along?

Shi Shen was genuinely surprised at this discovery but since it was just his own assumption, he temporarily suppressed this thought.

He gave a small laugh in return as he calmly stated,’’This commoner is just a mere human. Not to mention, in the history of Chaos continent I haven’t seen records about mix-race people yet so shouldn't it be impossible to casually meet one?’’

Not that there was no love between different races but the childbirth was incredibly low and not to mention, each race held the same thought: They don't want other races to mix in theirs.

Therefore, it was rare to see a couple with different races not to mention a child between them.

Meanwhile, Alex gave a deep look at the young man in front of him. He thought that no matter how smart he was, he was still a seventeen years old boy so he would inevitably reveal some flaws once faced with him. However, this person concealed himself very well causing him to be unable to get anything from him.