[16] Felicia knows everything

(Chris's p.o.v)

When he had gotten a call from Felicia after school on Tuesday, he hadn't known what to think. She shouldn't have had any reason to call unless Dylan had done something stupid again, so he'd answered quickly.

"Felicia?" He had said, confused as ever. 

"Hey, Chris," she'd greeted cheerily, "are you doing anything right now?" 

"Um, no?" Chris had said, more like a question than an answer. Felicia had then asked if they could meet up somewhere and he'd been too taken aback to answer for a moment. After a moment of silence, he'd said that they could and she'd suggested a small café downtown.

"It's called Lava Java," she'd clarified, "I'll meet you there in half an hour?"

"Yeah, that's fine," he'd pulled out of the school parking lot and started the drive.

Now, he was sitting in an armchair in said small café, waiting for Felicia to arrive. She wasn't that late, only a few minutes, but Chris had never been known for having great patience. He took the time to take the room in; while he was sure that he must have walked by it at some point, he had never been inside or even noticed it.

He only wished that none of his former classmates were to walk by. They were sure to start rumors; they always did. And especially if Felicia were to sit with him.

Not a minute past before she rushed into the coffee shop.

"I am so sorry that I am late, the bus was in no hurry to get here," she apologized but Chris waved it off. 

"It's alright," he smiled softly and gestured for her to take a seat. She did, letting her bookbag drop to the floor. None of them said anything for a while. The silence felt tense, but Felicia didn't seem to mind. 

Finally, she put her hands together. "Okay, so let's cut to the chase." 

"Let's," Chris agreed, not sure where the conversation was going.

"What are your intentions with my best friend?" 

The question took Chris by surprise. Did she know? How could she know? He hadn't done anything too suspicious, he'd made sure of it. Still, she was sitting across from him and looked at him as if it was the clearest thing in the world.

"What- what do you mean?" He stuttered out. Damn, he thought and slapped himself in his head, that was so smooth. Felicia seemed to think the same thing as she was looking at him with a tired expression that screamed 'really, you're playing that card?'

"Look," she sighed, leaning forward a bit, looking like a true investigator, "you and I both know the way you look at him. He might not, but he is as oblivious as Harry Potter, so that doesn't surprise me. I just want to know that you mean well."

"I- of course, I mean well," Chris breathed, giving up his, apparently weak, facade. Yeah, he liked Dylan. He'd know that for a good while now and he didn't want anything bad to happen to him. The incident the previous Friday made him bubble with anger toward that douche Xander and had also made him feel a weird protectiveness over his current crush- Dylan.

God, he sounded pathetic. The new school had really changed him, it seemed.

"Good," Felicia smiled, leaning back in her armchair, "but I'm not just here to make sure of that. I am also here to assure you that I am watching you. We both know that you have a reputation, even though it only includes women." 

Chris was almost about to intervene and explain that most of the rumors were untrue, but he stopped himself. It wouldn't matter anyway.

"I got it," he nodded, "I'll do my best."