xiv. EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND.

ACT ii

ACT ii. falling in love and also 1000 feet in the air.
CHAPTER xiv. ❛ EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND. ❜

 ❜

food market,
hong Kong.

              "SO, HOW LONG'S THIS BEEN GOING ON?" SEVEN PLAYFULLY INTERROGATED as his eyes flickered between Two feeding Three with her chopsticks. A question the group had been itching to ask as soon as Two displayed some actual emotion. It was a glorious sight to see and even more so for Zero who had been attempting to set them up from beginning. And now, in the space of a mission that she wasn't even invited on, they had hooked up. She could tell almost immediately from the glow in Three's complexion and his consistent strives to impress his secret lover. Therefore , it was pointless acting dumb and though she knew this, Two did it anyway.

"What?" She frowned.

          "I've been wondering the same thing," Five chimed in. "Florence?"

"Nah," Seven shook his head, smirking knowingly.

"Vegas," he and Zero grinned simultaneously, sharing an amused glance. The others nodded their heads in agreement.

"Vegas."

         "Definitely Vegas."

"So, you guys know about us?" Three asked innocently, oblivious to their ploy. And the second he fell victim to confirmation, the ghosts begun to laugh.

"Well, we do now, dumbass," Five chuckled.

Two smacked Three around the back of the head. "Nice."

Then, as she blankly glanced at her partners, she shrugged. "Well, I guess it's not against the rules, right?

             Always appearing at the most unfortunate of times, One pouted in thought from above the table, still ━━━━ oh, and in his own words, by the way, ' too cool' to sit with them. In his 'too cool' hands, he chowed down on a plate of chāo shǒu. Often, the man only ever travelled for the food. "Depends. So, are you guys fucking or making love?"

Three frowned. "What's the difference?"

Before One could respond, Two deadpanned a response that left the hit-man feeling rather insecure. "We're fucking."

"Oh, good."

             Three's face faltered and Zero kicked him from beneath the table. "Cheer up, Osito. At least you're fucking."

This brought him no comfort.

             Upon hearing his sister's voice, One diverted his attention to the girl currently sitting on...whoever the fuck that was' lap. And the boy beneath her was young, socially anxious and clearly very entranced by Zero's breasts. Instead of murdering him, Zero had actually found it rather flattering. Not to mention she had took a liking to the chubby teen. And by that, she meant that she enjoyed the jealousy Four radiated from across the room each time she whispered in his ear. The sexual frustration from their last encounter had really got to him and Zero relished the fact. One, not a fan of witnessing his sister's horrific attempt at flirting, did not. "Hey. Who's this honey badger?"

"I'm... I'm Raymond," Raymond stammered innocently, waving. From his lap, Zero smiled in awe.

"He's Raymond," she repeated.

         "Hi, Raymond. You new to the team?" One questioned, trying his best to feign a polite demeanour.

"Just...just hanging out."

"It's Britney, bitch," Five said.

Raymond was currently clad in a very manly-looking Britney Spears t-shirt.

"So...we should probably go discuss our sensitive geopolitical issues when we're, you know, Raymond-free," One declared sarcastically, pointing to his teammates with the tip of his fork. "Great security, though. Really great."

            That was their cue to leave and Zero expressed a sad pout. Turning to Raymond, she smiled sorrowfully. "Well, I'm probably going to die tonight so...uh, good luck and goodbye, Raymond. I'll miss you."

Raymond didn't react to the whole 'dying' thing. He didn't really react to a lot of things. "Bye, Zoe."

Four sniggered at this and she stuck up her middle finger, plastering on a tight smile.

"Close enough."

           With that she kissed his cheek and stood to her feet, moving to the exit with the rest of her team. And in his chair, Raymond's fingers gently brushed the newly-kissed lipstick stain on his skin. A large smile grew on his face. "Best. Day. Ever."

▃▃▃▃ AUTHOR'S NOTE ▃▃▃▃
hiii,,, so this chapter was really short but so was the scene and I wanted to include it anyway because it was such a wholesome break before the action. which, by the way, will be coming soon ;)

also, for those of you that want to know more about zero, I made an oc's book containing some of her information/graphics that might not yet be in this book, so feel free to maybe check that out 😉.

anyways, this chapter is dedicated to
-arcadia for always being so supportive of my books and responding to kindly to my writing. I love her books and account so much so you guys should definitely check her out <3

 I love her books and account so much so you guys should definitely check her out <3