Chapter 11: A Seer

Media: https://pin.it/4PhTJsl

---

Right now, Hong Chun was quite sure nobody else knew that the villain's former servant was a fox spirit.

Jiang Ming himself didn't know this because the only thing he cared about was Si Hai following and executing his orders. He didn't mind the methods he used.

Spirits weren't mentioned in the first book because back then, Hong Chun was planning to reveal them in the second book.

All along, she designed Si Hai's character to be a nine-tailed fox that would have full exposure on the second book as one of the antagonists.

She remembered writing the drafts for the second book but didn't really publish it online because she didn't like it.

Even Hong Chun's head was confused about whether it should ache or not.

"What else do you know?"

She heard him ask.

"I know that you're planning on using the Hong family as a stepping stone to do what you want."

Her tone was buoyant but the way she said it sounded like she wasn't even part of this family.

Nevertheless, Si Hai didn't notice as he too wasn't keen on familial ties. A nine-tailed fox like him wasn't family-oriented nor did he have any filial piety in his bones.

"What is it that I want?" He challenged her.

Hong Chun beamed at him. "Why don't you tell me?"

She wasn't a fool to show all her cards.

She had full knowledge this guy could easily harm her right now but she wouldn't allow him to kill her.

He was too young of a spirit. She could still discipline him.

If anybody else knew her thoughts, she'd be labeled as presumptuous.

For how could one tame a spirit? But in Hong Chun's mind, there was only black and white.

As long as someone had thoughts and feelings, they were a work in progress.

Work meaning, any person or being with intelligence and emotions would have likes and dislikes, aversion and fondness to some things, ambition, and most of all fear.

These things could easily be detected by her like she was a machine scanning people. With this information, she could then decide whether to use these things to her advantage or not. 

Honestly, all people could manipulate others to a certain degree even if it was unconscious. Little kids liked acting spoiled towards their parents into getting what they want and someone dear to you could make you do things you've never done before.

But Hong Chun was like a hidden director in a survival reality show. Imperceptible and sly, she had an innate talent to influence people into achieving her goal. And that person would only think it was their decision and not related to her one bit.

What happened to Si Hai from the beginning was like this.

Hong Chun knew all he ever thought of was revenge even if he had no idea how. Seeing her as a naïve daughter of an average official, he planned on using her family. She recognized this with the help of the incomplete plot of the second book.

However, getting him to expose his plans this early was her design. Si Hai was most unstable during these times. He felt all alone, his plans weren't set in stone and he was insecure.