Chapter 65

The salt in the beach breeze felt refreshing after being stuck with smelly wolves for long. I stretched, finally got out of that cramped up space. The sound of seagulls caught my attention. I couldn't help but envy them flying above my head.

They had suck freedom.

Behind me, Zarine got snatched by Jason again. But unlike all the usual times, this time the kid didn't seem so reluctant to leave.

Weird.

Jason bent down to whisper something to him. So they have secrets now?

Whatever.

I bent down to take my duffel bag. Zarine already Tok his.

He was staying with Jason on this trip. Jason had pre-booked him and despite my reluctance, I thought it would be good for him to hang out with other boys.

Everyone had little cottages on the beach where two each were staying.

Obviously the mates were together. So the pairings were-

Hails and Amelia

Blaze and Jem

Stacey and Drake

Leaving

Jason with Drake

And myself with Raven.

Out of everyone else here, I could handle her.

There were six jocks in total.

Sierra, Lilly and one other girl whose name I hadn't bothered to learn were staying with their respective jocks.

Jake also ended up with one of the jocks.

So it was an even number.

There were ten cottages in total.

This time I made sure that I stayed as far away from Blaze as I could possibly manage. He and Jem occupied one of the middle cottages so I took one to the side.

I also made sure Jason and Zarine were in range in case he needed me for something.

"Alright everyone, settle down and rest a bit. We will all change and meet up here in one hour and head over the beach. Since it's only 10 am the rush hour is only starting. Make sure to load up on lots of sunscreen. The sun around here is harsh." Jemima said in her usually tingly self, after which she pulled Blaze in and slammed the door.

Of course, the couple had to bend everything to their will. We had to meet up at their cottage.

Sigh.

Blaze seemed to have calmed down since the brawl.

He didn't stare at me after that and went back to ignoring me.

That's good.

As soon as Raven and I were in, I plopped on the bed.

Raven was way to smart for me to get any productive work done on Lexa so that's out of the list of things to do.

"I will freshen up first. You rest a bit." She said avoiding my gaze and rushing to the bathroom.

What's up with her?

She has been acting so weird lately.

I will have to select the bikini I wanted to wear first. However, a surprise waiting for me when I opened the duffel bag.

All the clothes I packed for the beach, the bikinis and dresses and hoodies were replaced with socks.

Not new ones either used socks.s