Chapter 6

So... John's going to fight for our group. Hazel glanced at the rest of her group. They all seem so confident that he will win, Even my friends from New Bostin.

"..."

Do they know something that I don't? Hazel looked at the Wellston student that just backed out of the fight. He's scared. He's scared of John. Let's see how this turns out.

"Come on, let's get this over with," the boy said. The people in the two groups that weren't fighting back up. John got into a fighting stance. The boy on the other team punched his fist into his other palm.

"This is going to be a piece of cake" The boy powered up. He ran at John. His eyes and hands glowed a matching shade of green. Then his hand... changed. Did it look like... rock? The boy wound up to punch John. John didn't power up or make any move to stop him.

What is he doing?!? Then right as the boy punched, John grabbed his arm and swept him so hard he started to spin for a couple of seconds. Before he even touched the ground John punched him, sending him reeling. When he turned back, Hazel saw that John hadn't even powered up. What was that?!? The other two boys' eyes flashed with fury, but deeper than that, terror. The boy on the left powered up and ran at John. His hands and feet glowed a light blue. He attacked John and started launching a flurry of blows, none meeting their target.

With every move the boy made, John countered. Not until then did John power up. Hazel saw his gaze flicker to the first boy, who was still recovering, and staggered around a little. When she looked back at John, his hands were glowing black and his eyes were bright orange. Then he punched the boy in the face, his hands gray beneath the dark glow.

Is that... the other kid's ability? How does John have it? The boy that had been fighting John was now unconscious in front of John, blood gushing from his nose.

Then John perked up and stood still for a while. Then, he suddenly turned and lunged toward the group in the direction of Claire, his hand glowing.

Claire jumped back making a sound that was a lot like a terrified squeak. Then John's open hand closed on some unseen force and he plunged his hand into the ground. Before their eyes, the third boy flickered into view, his forehead beneath John's hand. He was unconscious, but John wasn't looking at him. John was looking at Claire, he had obviously seen her reaction. They locked eyes and Adrion started shifting uncomfortably behind her.

"HOW?!" Someone yelled. John turned around to see the first boy looking at his fallen teammates. John raised one eyebrow and smirked at him. "HOW COULD YOU BEAT ALL THREE OF US? WE'RE HIGH-TIERS" he said astounded. John walked up to him and crouched down to look him in the eyes.

"I mean, I'm a god-tier," John said. The boy's eyes widened in fear and surprise as John stood up. John paused for a second and Hazel couldn't see his face. Then he turned around. "We're done here" he muttered, before walking away from the boy and past the group toward the school.