↘︎ chapter four

4 | He's not that bad

"Did you like your classes with Snape, Marley?" asked Fred Weasley the brunette girl, while they were having lunch at the Great Hall with other gryffindors. Marley Macmillan couldn't actually complain how first day was going because for now everything was fine. She liked her classes and even she had Potions with Snape, the class seemed interesting. But she wondered if she shares that with the rest of the Gryffindors, they would go crazy. Snape was also a head of the Slytherin house and hated all Gryffindors, now including her.

"Good. We didn't make anything special." she shrugged her arms and drank a sip from her juice. If George was somewhere, Fred was always with him. Marley had known them since yesterday but she is already sure they don't go somewhere without the other. Angelina Johnson, Lee Jordan and Alicia Spinnet were also there, observing the conversation and eating.

The lunch break soon will end so Marley was trying to enjoy her meal, not focusing on her classes or Snape.

"But what do you think about him?" George stepped into the conversation with curious look and two pair of green eyes looked at Marley. Angelina was sitting next to the girl and Marley noticed she was secretly watching the twins' behaviour. The words she had told Marley last night were still stuck in the girl's head. It was strange to be that attached to her, because they had known her for two days. Otherwise, Angelina was right.

"He's not bad," Marley replied, rankling the food with her fork quietly when she heard the twins and her friends around her how gasped from surprise. They absolutely didn't use to hear that someone from Gryffindor liked Snape. The girl raised her head and saw how the students around her were staring at her with eyes wide opened. Now she only hoped they wouldn't hate her for that sentence.

"I've never heard that from anyone." stated Lee Jordan. "Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

Marley bit her bottom lip. Why wouldn't she be? All the students sometimes seemed really strange, but wasn't she like them? Most of them were pure-bloods like her, there were also half-bloods and muggle-born wizards and witches. But fortunately, Angelina intervened, proteting Marley's back.

"It's just her first day. She can changer her mind anytime." the girl said and smiled towards Marley, who smiled weakly and just continued eating quietly. She didn't say a single word and when it was time for her last classes, which were double DADA, she just stood up from the table and grabbed her notebooks. She left the Great Hall.

In the first break they had told her that the DADA classroom was 3C and even showed her, so she was heading in that direction, hoping she won't lose herself in the corridors. She had no idea why she offended that much, but it still hurts. Maybe it was stupid from her side to overreact like that, but maybe they needed to change their kind of thinking.

She was almost to her classroom, when she heard fast footsteps behind her and saw Fred and George, running towards her. They were a little breathless about this whole marathon from the Great Hall to here. Mаrley just continued walking, because she was going to be late for class.

"Marley, stop!" George shouted and finally reached her. "Gosh, you're walking so fast. Jesus."

Marley would laugh, but now she didn't want to talk to the twins. So she cut them off. "We'll talk after the classes. Now I must go to class. And no, I promise, I'm not mad."

And she finally let the twins alone in the corridor with a painful pain in her chest. She was evil - really evil. She wanted to say sorry, but she didn't want detention. On her first day. She entered the classroom just a minute before the professor and was so thankful she wasn't late.