Chapter Fifteen

'Betting'

The ritual to restore Tom Riddle was still fresh in Hadrian's mind as he returned to Hogwarts, glamours in place, with a new mission. Despite his Lord's devastatingly handsome looks, Hadrian was still opposed to being a Death Eater. However, he was more opposed to his arm being in constant pain from the mark, so he followed his orders.

Unfortunately, those orders left him in a rather uncomfortable position. Staying with the Potter's over Christmas, in an attempt to get information from the Order.  However, there was still one more day before Christmas holidays officially began. It also happened that a large, Griffindor versus Slytherin quidditch game was going on. Every single student was invested in the game, due to the high steaks, which left Hadrian with the day to himself.

"Hadrian!" Daphne squealed as she flung herself into his arms, hugging him. Pansy, Draco, Blaise and Theo rushed after her, gasping as they saw Hadrian.

"Merlin, Potter! We were so worried!" Blaise scolded as he too enveloped Hadrian in a hug.

"Hadrian, what happened?" Draco asked, his eyes filled with worry and guilt as he looked up at his best friend.

Hadrian quickly glanced around the corridors of Hogwarts before pulling his friends into an empty classroom. Ensuring that they swore on their magic not to reveal what he was about to say without his express permission he began telling them of what happened. The Veritaserum, the truth about The-boy-who-lived, the ritual, his mission from Voldemort.

"Holy shit!" Theo exclaimed once Hadrian had finished recounting his tale.

"You're Hades!" Pansy squeaked, taking a step back as Hadrian smirked. The others followed suit and stared in fear.

"Relax, I wouldn't hurt my friends," Hadrian reassured them. Although, it did little to comfort their fear of the notorious killer.

"I'm never going to harm any of you. You are among the few people that I consider my friends. And perhaps due to my lack of having friends before, I treasure each of you more than my own blood." Hadrian sighed, his green eyes shining as he confessed his feeling. The others suddenly realised their mistake, and accepted his argument. Each filled with happiness as they learned of their cold hearted friend's feelings.

"Hadrian, we know that. You wou-" Draco was silenced by the door slamming open. Anthony Grillock, wearing his Slytherin quidditch uniform, stood at the door. His face was flushed from running through the halls.

"Draco! We've been searching for it you! Get on your uniform! The match starts in half and hour. And our seeker's gotten injured! He can't play Draco!" Anthony ranted.

"We don't have a seeker!" Draco exclaimed, frantically striding out of the room, the others following behind him.

"No! It's insane! We can't loose this bet!"

"Bet?" Hadrian enquired, his interest peaked, as he caught up with the pair of quidditch players.

"Yes. The wining team of this game, each of their players are allowed to get a favour from their losing counterpart. Seeker of the winners gets a favour from seeker of the losers. And so forth." Draco explained. Allowing an idea to form in Hadrian's mind. Whilst the Potter's may be seeking redemption for their treatment of him, Evan most certainly wasn't. If he objected to Hadrian staying over Christmas, James and Lily would most certainly comply to their spoilt son's demands. Yet, there was hope. Evan was the Griffindor seeker. If Hadrian was to play as the seeker for this game, Evan would have to aid him in joining the Potters.

"Like we're going to win with no seeker!" Anthony scoffed. They remained in silence until they reached the preparation room at the pitch.

"I'll be the seeker," Hadrian announced as Draco frantically began changing into his chaser uniform. His statement rendered the Slytherin team silent. Suddenly, Draco began to cheer with glee.