Chapter 40

Talking with Bill wasn't actually as bad as Dipper thought it was.

Sure, the dream demon had the tangent for insane and morbid humor but over all, the experience was fun and knowledgeable.

They chatted about everyday things up to conspiracies that Dipper thought of.

Their conversations were although a bit awkward at first (after all what do you talk about to a demon who knows everything and threatened to murder your whole family as well as plunge the world into eternal parties) but as time passed, he found himself enjoying the demon's companionship.

Dipper was actually shocked himself that he had managed to be as comfortable as he was with Mabel towards Bill.

But what surprised him the most was that Bill seemed to be actually enjoying himself too. The dream demon told him a lot of wonderful things about the darks arts and the places associated with them.

Every knowledge that Bill had told him were held as a great find by him.

Now Dipper was considering about this other side of Bill. The one who isn't the maniacal and evil demon set on conquering the world.

He thought that this kind of Bill would be pretty amazing as a friend.

Soon time passed like a snap and before Dipper knew it, it was already 5:00 PM.

When the door knob turned, he knew that it was time to face the music and admit everything to Mabel.

When the door completely opened, Bill made himself disappear again much to Dipper's relief.

Entering inside the room, was Mabel with her bag on her right hand and a completely tired look.

Dipper felt like a stone had lodge itself in to his throat and his stomach dropped seeing the pitiful scene.

Her usual perfectly combed hair was like a bird nest and her usual bright smile was nowhere to be seen.

Under her eyes were dark eyebugs that was rarely seen in the girl even after an all-night slumber party.

"Mabel......."

His sister immediately looked up and her eyes widen and tears begun to form on her eyes.

"Dipper!!!!"

Mabel yelled as she threw herself to him, she was a hiccuping and crying mess as she hold unto him  like he had just returned from the dead.

Full of guilt, Dipper begun to softly coax his twin sister while rubbing her back.

"It's okay sis, I'm here"

Mabel continues to sob and he knew that they were going to be standing there for quite some time.

After 18 minutes of Mabel venting out her emotions, she was finally coherent enough to ask talk to him.

"Dipper, that-that mark! It was Bill's! He did something to you. The teachers said it was something like an ownership symbol. Dip, h-he might be still alive!"

Mabel griped his shirt full of fright towards what could happen to the two of them.

Dipper bit his lips in nervousness at how he was going to tell his near hysterical sister that, yes Bill was alive and he made a deal with him, yes he wasn't mind controlled when that happens and most definitely, yes Bill was now not trapped in Gravity falls for some reason he didn't freaking know.

Having a massive inner fight with his mind, he didn't know how to start when Bill's voice appeared on his mind.

"How about you make her sit first kid, that way the reveal will be more dramatic and she'll have a comfy place to faint at"

"Shut it Bill!"

Dipper snapped at the obnoxious demon and he heard Bill laugh somewhere in his mind.

"Yeesh Pinetree, chill! It's not gonna be the end of the word(at least not yet). If Shooting star goes nuts about our deal then I'll just make her sleep then erase her memory. How about I add some fake implanted memories to help"

Bill happily cackled at Dipper's demise and decided to joke a bit(well at least this time) to make his little sapling mad.

And as he expected, Dipper grew angry at him to the point of threatening him.

"I swear Bill, if you dare do that then deal is off and I'll do everything I can to kill you, even if it means my life!!"

Bill chuckled then decided to stop chatting with his Pinetree for a while so that the boy could settle things with his sister.

Dipper was now very pissed at Bill and wanted to strangle the isosceles abomination.

But he called himself down because he still ok needed to explain to Mabel why he thought that making a deal with the said isosceles abomination was a good idea.

'But I don't I was actually thinking back in to then'

Dipper sighed in his mind as he looked straight into Mabel and readied the confession of his stupidity.

"Mabel I have a something to confess"

Mabel looked at him confusingly with the rim of her eyes still red from crying.

He full down his queasy feelings and decided to bite the bullet.

"Mabel.........I may have forgotten to tell you that..........well, you know Bill....... he's um you know?......still alive. AndImayhavedoneadealwithhimtoprotectuscausetheAcademyisreallydangerousandJuliustriedtokillmeandBillkindakilledhiminreturn........I'm really really sorry Mabel"

First Mabel appeared to be confused at what he said then slowly the realization of what he had just said settled in her mind and her face morphed into horror.

'Darn it, I don't know if I should be happy or not that Mabel could understand my word vomit'

Mabel placed her hand over her mouth in shock and slowly backed away from him.

Distrust was filled in her eyes then was replaced with realization.

"Dipper! He must be controlling your mind! He definitely did something, that's why you made a deal with him. Come on Dipper, with the teachers in the Academy we can find a way to get him away from you!"

Dipper felt his an incoming headache form at how he was going to convince his sister that Bill wasn't controlling his mind, at least he thinks so.

"Mabel, Bill is not contr-"

"If I wouldn't do that if I were you Shooting star'

A familiar voice cut through their conversation and Bill Cipher in all his triangular glory appeared before them.