Chapter 19

authors note : Kayla's outfit for this chapter is above

authors note : Kayla's outfit for this chapter is above. Inspiration for the idea to put outfits on every chapter is from Cat_Archer (:

Chapter 19

Kayla and Klaus were in the living room sharpening a couple of stakes whilst Kol and Elijah were having a little bit of bonding time. Kayla was humming a tune as she carved away at the white oak stake.

"So you're actually Persephone?" Klaus asked, disrupting the relaxing atmosphere. Kayla just mumbled a small, 'yup' in acknowledgement and continued to carve.

"The goddess of spring?" Klaus questioned.

"And the Queen of the Underworld." Kayla added, still not looking up from the stake.

Klaus sighed deeply, causing Kayla to look over at him briefly, "And it doesn't bother you at all that you both have to die?"

"Not at all," Kayla began as she turned her head back to the stake, "We'll both be coming back and we'll be happier than ever. We'll be able to go back and be who we're meant to be."

"I just can't believe my brother is actually Hades." Klaus scoffed in disbelief, "I always knew he was insane, but the actually God of the Underworld?!"

Kayla rolled her eyes at the hybrid and laid the stake down on the table in front of her, she pulled her legs underneath her on the couch and looked at him, "He didn't know who he was until about a week ago. Also, he's never been insane."

"Fair enough," Klaus stated as he finished up the stake he was working on, "But what exactly would happen if you guys were returned to your original god-like forms?" he questioned, a tinge of sarcasm in his voice.

Kayla shrugged, "We would have our powers returned to us. I would no longer be mortal and Kol would no longer be a vampire. We would be able to go back to the Underworld, as well as visit Olympus."

"Could you bring people back to life." Klaus asked as he leaned forward in curiosity.

The brunette girl couldn't help but snort at his question, "That depends on who they are and if we actually wanted to bring them back to life."

"Does this mean Kol would be stronger than me?"

"You mean, could he destroy you? Get his revenge on you for daggering him?" Kayla asked, her voice having a sharp edge. "Yes." she said, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Well that settles it then." Klaus said as he stood, "I can't help you guys." He grabbed the stake he had made and then flashed over to her and grabbed the stake she had.