7

CONTAINS LEGACY SPOILERS!

Sophie let herself in and was welcomed by the delicious smell of fresh-baked rolls, mashed potatoes, and steak, her favorite. "I'm home!" Sophie called.

"Hi Sophie! How was your time at the Vacker's?" Edaline, her adoptive mother asked.

"It was great!" Sophie exclaimed.

"I didn't know that you were friends with them," Grady chimed in.

"Well, they have an exchange student staying with them, Biana, and we are friends, so she invited me over." When Sophie mentioned Biana, Grady and Edaline exchanged a look.

"That's great sweetheart," Edaline said. "I'm so glad that you are making friends." Edaline was always worried about Sophie not having any friends, and she was always pressuring Sophie to make friends. "So was it just you Biana and Fitz?" Edaline asked.

"No. I met a kid today, Dex Dizznee. I was going to invite him over, but Biana invited me over before I could ask him. So then I just asked if he could come to their house with us," Sophie answered. "Oh, and Keefe Sencen was there."

"Dex Dizznee. That's Kesler and Juline's son," Edaline observed.

"Oh really? That's cool!" Sophie exclaimed. Kesler was the owner of an apothecary downtown called Slurps and Burps. Juline was a good friend of Edaline's, so Sophie was surprised that she'd never heard about Dex before.

"Keefe Sencen..." Grady trailed off. "He's that troublemaker kid, right?" Sophie giggled. "What's so funny?" he asked.

"I just think it's funny that Edaline will be supportive of my friends, and you're just like, 'Keefe Sencen. He's that troublemaker kid, right?'" Sophie mimicked Grady.

Grady grinned. "I'm just making sure you don't get into any trouble."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Oh please. Keefe was only there because he and Fitz are best friends. Anyways, I'm hungry and it smells great in here," Sophie said, moving the subject away from Keefe.

"Yeah, dinner is pretty much ready. Can you set the table?"

"Sure. It's my favorite meal, what's the occasion?"

"Well-" Grady started, but was cut off by a knock at the door. As he went to get it Edaline finished for him.

"The principal of your school wanted to talk to you about something, so we invited him over for dinner."

"Principal Leto?" Sophie asked. "Ok then." Principal Leto walked into the room next to Grady. He was a tall man, with a thin frame, but muscles bulged out of his suit's sleeves. He had always been extra kind to Sophie, so she couldn't help but wonder why he was here.

"Hey there Sophie! Dinner smells great, Edaline!" Principal Leto greeted, winking at Edaline. Sophie could see Grady tense and she grinned.

"Have a seat and make yourself at home," Edaline said, gesturing to the table. Sophie noticed a fourth chair that she hadn't seen when she walked in. "Soph, can you help me serve the food?"

"Sure!" Sophie brought the steak to the table and let Principal Leto serve himself. She did the same with the potatoes, but declined the rolls.

"I'm trying to stay away from carbs," he chuckled with a wink.

"Um, don't potatoes have carbs?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, I should've said I'm trying to stay away from bread."

"Oh, haha," Sophie laughed, a bit confused at her principal's sense of humor. After everyone was served, they all sat around the table making small talk. Once they were all stuffed, Principal Leto asked if he could speak to Sophie alone.

"Sure," Edaline agreed, dragging a hesitant Grady out of the room.

Once they were alone, Principal Leto asked a question that changed everything. "How would you like to be a part of Team Valiant?"