Chapter 23 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

Walking into the club with Roxie's hand in mine, almost every eye looks our way. I don't care what anyone says, she's my girl so I'm going to show her off while keeping her safe until my dying breath.

I could tell she's a bit uncomfortable... ok, a lot uncomfortable with all of the attention we have on us so I give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

She looks up to me and gives me a warm smile before taking a deep breath as we continue walking.

We make it to the bar and lucky walks up to us, pulling Roxie into a tight hug. I immediately grab her and pull her back to my side.

I know lucky is just her friend.. I know he would never try anything with her but that doesn't change the fact that he's a guy and I don't like any other guys touching her. She's mine!!

"Really boss?" Lucky asks with a playful smirk while he crosses his arms and raises a brow.

I narrow my eyes at him and he puts his hands up in surrender, "Ok, ok. Anyways, the girls who are here for an interview are in one of the back rooms. We're just waiting on you boss."

"Well, you all are going to have to keep on waiting. I need to talk to my queen about something first." I say, making Roxie's head snap up to me.

"About what?" She asks.

Lucky gives me a questioning look but I just wave him off and pull Roxie to my office, not saying a word.

I close the door behind us and walk to my chair behind my desk. Instead of sitting in my lap, Roxie pulls out a chair in front of my desk and takes a seat.

She looks around nervously for a bit before turning her full attention to me and saying, "So, what is this about?"

I interlock my fingers together and lean forward, placing my hands on my desk.

"I spoke with Pablo. When I was leaving the pit, he said something to me so I have to ask you what he was talking about." I say calmly to her.

She glances around my office, "Umm.. okay. What did he say to you?"

"He told me 'They'll never be safe. He's going to get them one way or another and when he does, you won't be able to protect them or save them.' " Her eyes snap back to mine and go wide but she doesn't say anything. "Baby, I need you to tell me who he was talking about so I can find him before he tries anything."

She nods her head once as her eyes drop to the surface of my desk.

"Do you remember how I told you about mine and Lily's mother and her biological father?" She asks without looking up.

"Yeah, I do." I confirm.

She nods her head again, "Well I ended that story at the part where when I turned 18, I took lily with me and left that horrible place and those horrible people behind. From the time I was in school, I had met this boy. His name is Frankie Medelez. I had a couple of classes with him. He was always really sweet to me so we became close. Sure he was good looking and a few girls wanted his attention but I never saw him as more than a friend. Even if I did we couldn't make anything happen between us because of my situation at home and he understood that. He never tried anything with me. He turned out to be a good friend of mine.. actually my only friend, or so I thought. People believed I was only his friend because I wanted to use him. He said his father was a successful and an amazing lawyer. He was financially stable and obviously everyone knew I had no money. That wasn't true though, I could care less about his money. He was the only person who ever showed me they cared so I told him everything that was going on at home and he was always there for me. He would buy me food because he knew I was hungry, he was my shoulder to cry on, when ever I needed to vent.. he always listened." She takes a deep breath and crosses her arms over the surface of my desk as a tear drop falls freely down her cheek.