Greg Goldberg

Sofia sat on the counter in her father's shop by the register, the evening quickly approaching and the store had been closed for fifteen minutes now. The girl was going through a break for the past few days, her ex dumped her by phone and she hadn't left the store since it happened. Greg was on his way back from his hockey practice with his Eden Hall team, he wasn't exactly aware of what was going on with his little sister.

He loved the girl, they got along well and they both adored pastries and goodies. His sister was the only other sibling he had and she was spoiled by everyone. She was a beautiful fifteen year old who got along with everyone and always smiled, she was never sad and she hated having pity or sympathy from other people.

Sofia sighed, counting cash and restarted every few minutes as she would blank out and forget what number she was at. The store door opened and the bell rang, she barely glanced over to her brother when he entered with a big grin. She simply looked away, going back to the wad of cash in her hand and Greg furrowed his brows.

"Soph?" He questioned. "What's the matter?" He asked, approached the front counter and set his bag down. He wasn't a person she had deep conversations with, she had conversations with him that were about everyday topics, but nothing about boys or her problems.

She shrugged. "I'm just not in the mood."

"Well, firstly, ya better get off the counter before dad gets us in trouble. Secondly, what mood?"

She slid her feet off the counter and then spun around, hopping off the counter she returned the money inside the register before grabbing a brownie from the display case. She took a massive bite and he watched her make a mess, spilling crumbs all over the place as she did. 

"My boyfriend dumped me over the phone a few days ago and I can't get over it." She whined, taking another large bite. "I just wanna punch him in the face!" She shrieked, throwing the rest of her brown across the room, it splatted onto the window. "At the same time, I wanna cry about him."

Goldberg nodded, understanding that she was upset, but he had no idea how she felt because he hadn't exactly been in a relationship. He preferred to glance at a girl from a distance and dream about her, but he did not have the guts to talk to her.

"Look, I don't know much about this feelings thing, but what I do know is that you shouldn't be crying over some guy who hurt you." He told her.

"But I loved him, it's hard."

"He dumped you because you were too good for him. You're my sister and I know that's a fact. You don't compare to other girls I know or have seen. You're beautiful, funny, talented, spoiled rotten and-"

"Okay, okay." She laughed, looking at her brother, who began to laugh as well. "I get it, I'm cool. But my heart's broken." She whined.

"Guys on my team are free, but that's not the point. Get over the kid, he's an ass." He said straight up. "An ass will always be an ass, so, stop moaning over an ass go laugh with a boy. A boy who actually deserves my incredible sister."

She nods, hearing him out, he was making her feel better, but she still was upset. She fell in love with some guy who turned out to be a jerk. He dumped her for another girl and of course that felt better than being cheated on and finding out. Sofia just wishes she didn't have to experience that, but in the long run, she knew something better would come from it.

Approaching her brother, she gave him a hug and he returned the gesture. He messed up her hair, only to make her laugh and shove him away. The two had turned the lights off in the shop and taken the left over pastries to the back room, shutting down the shop.

Sofia Goldberg was lucky to have such a brother like Greg, he wasn't like others, so that made him different and special. That's what made him a Goldberg.