Xu Qiang - 1.12

Sitting on a couch, Xu Qiang looked at her feet. He Shun quietly said that he'll go and get the first-aid kit and left.

He Mingyu and Xu Qiang were left alone now.

"So... Are you going to tell me about your girlfriend?"

"No."

"Oh come on, I might know her."

"You won't."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive, Miss Xu."

Xu Qiang looked at He Mingyu as she put her feet a bit higher.

"How long have you been dating your girlfriend for?" Xu Qiang asked.

He Mingyu sighed and replied, "5 months."

"Wow! That's a long time."

"Haven't you been engaged your whole life?" He Mingyu asked her.

"...Yes, but that's different."

"Care to elaborate?"

"Nope."

He Shun came back with the first-aid kit and said, "Jiejie, let me do it for you."

He was about to grab her feet when Xu Qiang quickly pulled it back.

"No! No, don't do that. It's alright Shun, I'm fine, I can do it by myself."

Xu Qiang grabbed the kit from He Shun and started treating herself.

"So, when do I start teaching you?" Xu Qiang asked as she was putting a bandage on.

"...Well, I have an exam coming up and I need help in that so," He Shun paused, "If you want to, then maybe from tomorrow?"

"Sure, Shun. Why don't you call the rest of the boys as well?"

"Oh... Right, okay."

Xu Qiang smiled at He Shun and then looked at He Mingyu. "What are you still here for?"

He Mingyu was looking at his brother when he heard Xu Qiang say that.

"I live in this house too, Miss Xu."

Xu Qiang rolled her eyes at him.

"Mr. He, don't try and be sassy with me. You could've left 5 minutes ago. Admit it, you want to check on He Shun."

He Shun looked at his brother shocked, and He Mingyu glared at Xu Qiang.

Xu Qiang smiled back at him, completely ignoring his glare.

He Mingyu looked at He Shun and saw that He Shun was now staring at Xu Qiang.

"Yes I did. What's wrong with me checking up on my brother?" He Mingyu admitted, annoyed.

"Don't get mad at me, I was just assuming." Xu Qiang said innocently.

He Mingyu glared at Xu Qiang again as he stood up and walked near He Shun. He put a hand on his younger brother's shoulder and sighed,

"...Don't worry about failing, it won't matter later." He Mingyu tried to awkwardly comfort him.

He saw that He Shun was looking at the floor dazed.

He Mingyu looked at his watch, "I have a meeting to go to now, if you'll excuse me."

As He Mingyu was leaving, he looked back and saw Xu Qiang mouthing 'great job' as she sarcastically slow clapped, while He Shun was still in a daze.

He Mingyu shook his head and turned around. Shaking his head at her, he left the house, but this time, a corner of his mouth slightly curved up.

...