12 • update update update

When is the best time to update? And how often should you do it?

We've all asked this question. Not to mention this is a very important aspect in writing stories on Wattpad. It's hard to get readers, so how do you make them stay?

If you're following me on Instagram (username is @walkingecho_) then you most probably saw the poll that I had created recently and maybe even answered. There, I asked users which one they prefer when they read on Wattpad and here's the result:

There are twenty-four users who responded and as you can see from the picture, 58% of the users chose option two while the 42% that remained chose the first option

Obviously, no one chose the last one (four to five updates a week) so you shouldn't consider doing that. It's too much. You should give your readers suspense. Writing a cliffhanger but then updating the next day doesn't really have much of an effect, doesn't it?

Majority chose two to three updates a week so yes, that's the one you should consider.

Personally, I would go with the said number since it's at the middle and pretty much the perfect updating schedule. But then again, it all depends on how often you write and how long your book is going to be. You should consider those too.

Oh and I know this goes without saying but if you're going to do that then don't update on two consecutive days. That way there will still be time for your readers to wonder what could happen next.

Examples:
Monday / Thursday , Tuesday / Friday , Wednesday / Saturday, Thursday / Sunday