Chapter 4

Kion and his Night Pride continued to walk through the Tree of Life. Bunga was talking about the best bugs he's ever eaten, while the rest of The Night Pride either chuckled or rolled their eyes. "It was really good! I want to eat it again!" Bunga whined. Fuli groaned. "Then why don't you?!" She said. Bunga just looked at her like she was stupid. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" He yelled. "They are as rare as Utamu! Not just that rare, Even Rarer! I only found it once!" He continued. Fuli groaned again "Can't you see we all don't care?!" She yelled back at him. "Hey! How d-" Bunga started but Kion cut him off. "Bunga, Fuli, please stop arguing." He said. Bunga and Fuli stopped, his voice was kind and gentle, just like it had always been (not on the trip to the Tree of Life).

"Fine." Fuli said, looking away, she didn't want to look at Kion, she didn't want to see how much his voice affected her, she was stubborn. The Night Pride continued to walk in silence. Kion thought back to what Bunga had said to him a while ago.

"Well, you used to be." 

Those words cut him like a knife. Even after Bunga had said that. Of course, Kion didn't say anything to him, or any of his friends, but it really hurt him. Kion let out a small sigh. "Kion?" Kion looked up quickly and saw that that voice had belonged to his friend. " Yes, Bunga?" He replied to the Honey Badger. "Well um.. The sun is starting to go down... and..." He started. "You want a break?" Kion asked him. Bunga looked at him in surprise. "Bunga, I know you! And of course, you can go for a break, I'll keep on lookout, just in case. I'll ask Ullu to come and get you if something happens, okay?" The rest of The Night Pride just nodded, except Fuli, she sighed and narrowed her eyes at Kion "Just stay safe, okay?" she said before turning away after she had seen Kion nod and walking away to catch up to the rest of The Night Pride.

Kion turned away and looked at the sky, it was already dawn. "Well, I guess I'll go and see Ullu, maybe something's happened." He muttered and continued to walk.

"Ullu?" Ullu, the snowy white Owl looked up and turned to face the voice that had called her name. Kion?" She asked as the male Lion walked up to her. "Your Majesty." She quickly said and bowed. "Oh, Ullu, please don't call me that!" Kion said, "Please just call me Kion, I just hate that title!" He continued. Ullu came back up and nodded. "So, why did you come here?" She asked him. "Oh, I just came to ask you if anything's happened. Has anyone come in?" He asked. Ullu shook her head. "No, but it's almost night, you should go call Rani." She replied. "Okay, but if you need a rest let me know, okay? Kion said, turning around but still facing her. Ullu just nodded her head. Kion then turned his head and walked back into the Tree of Life.

He walked around looking for Rani, his mate. He went to check out the water hole. When he arrived, she was there taking a drink. "Rani." He said. Rani quickly looked up and saw him. Her face bore a grin, she was happy to see him, but then she frowned. "Oh, it's time for my patrol now, right?" Kion nodded. Rani looked sad. " I didn't get to see you the whole day though!" She whined. "Oh come on! It's your duty, you can talk to me tomorrow morning, okay?" Kion laughed. Rani just rolled her eyes and smiled. She walked up to him and nuzzled him warmly. "Okay, fine, well I guess I'm off, see you in the morning." She said and walked off, to meet up with the rest of the Night Pride. 

Then Kion began to make his way back to The Tree Of Life.

Okay, I'm back! Sorry, I haven't updated in a few days, please forgive me! Anyways I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. This one isn't that good but I'll try to make it a bit better in the next chapter! I just didn't have enough time. If you like it please tell me, or just comment down what you think, even suggest some idea's for the next chapters. I'll try and use every one of them! Unless it just doesn't go with the story or what I'm going for. Thank you for reading my story!

-Meloetta